Is Iran next .. a CNN link

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by txbarefooter, Jan 17, 2005.

1. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

Here is a link to the article.http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/16/hersh.iran/index.html

ths is a snipit of the article

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Bush administration has been carrying out secret reconnaissance missions to learn about nuclear, chemical and missile sites in Iran in preparation for possible airstrikes there, journalist Seymour Hersh said Sunday.

The effort has been under way at least since last summer, Hersh said on CNN's "Late Edition."

In an interview on the same program, White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett said the story was "riddled with inaccuracies."

"I don't believe that some of the conclusions he's drawing are based on fact," Bartlett said.

Iran has refused to dismantle its nuclear program, which it insists is legal and is intended solely for civilian purposes. (Full story)

Hersh said U.S. officials were involved in "extensive planning" for a possible attack -- "much more than we know."

"The goal is to identify and isolate three dozen, and perhaps more, such targets that could be destroyed by precision strikes and short-term commando raids," he wrote in "The New Yorker" magazine, which published his article in editions that will be on newsstands Monday.

Hersh is a veteran journalist who was the first to write about many details of the abuses of prisoners Abu Ghraib in Baghdad.

He said his information on Iran came from "inside" sources who divulged it in the hope that publicity would force the administration to reconsider.

"I think that's one of the reasons some of the people on the inside talk to me," he said.

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

We'd never attack Iran, we couldn't even resuce a couple dozen hostages, let alone take down their whole military. Besides, we probably have spies in every country on Earth, even our allies we spy on, so is it really a big surprise if we have people in Iran spying for us?

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

How can you be so naive as to say we'd never attack Iran? There has been talk about invading Iran since 9/11, and plans by PNAC before even that. Now, as the original poster had stated, there is all this talk about not only possible military action against Iran, but Syria as well. I mean, why else would this be going on?

I am willing to bet anyone money that we will invade Iran and Syria within the next four years, with almost 99.9% assurance.

4. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

The us will eventually attack Iran. They are just waiting longer to do it so they can get accurate intel this time. Yay, another dirthole for us to infest. Why can't they attack somewhere nice like NZ or canada or something.

5. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The bush admin is searching for more ways to kill our kids.Just what this country needs.I wonder what it will take to wake up the sheep? Where do they plan on getting the manpower? No draft,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,right?

6. soliloquy

soliloquy Banned

Good old fashion " Inside sources?" Must be true ?

ummm ! SEYMOUR M. HERSH there's an un biased source if I ever saw one , Not like you to be predictably one sided ! But this time I think you could be right , either they give up their nuke program or the consequences are inevitable ... Surly they must see that ? surly they can't be so stupid as to test the west's resolve again ? Lets all hope not ...... ( yes, I know you think its inevitable anyway !)

7. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

i never understood why an american would see his own country out like that. i don't like the way things are run, but i wouldnt go running around telling the world our military movements. there's a sure way to get more people killed.

8. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

If theres spies in every country on earth...how cool would it to be a spy in somewhere like Tokelau or somewhere...