Is "heterosexual pride day" really necessary?

Discussion in 'Gay News' started by Sexless_harpy, Aug 8, 2011.

1. roamy

roamy Senior Member

ha! ha! precisely. hypocrisy! an ya, you got that in one.its who you are as a human being an person.:)

2. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Dont want to contradict you, but the first thing under the banner on that website says ''La Fete Gaie de Montreal''. I think we both know what that means :)

I'll certainly have a look Severine. Thanks.

3. mustlivelife

mustlivelife Knows nothing!

To be fair, there is, as far as I know, no celebrations along these lines of heterosexuality. Maybe straight people would be far more understanding and in some places forgiving of gays if they were able to flamboyantly express themselves in the same manner?

As a straight man, I feel slightly as though my ilk are being discriminated against with some of these comments. "It's probably anti gay" and "They celebrate it every day of every year" and comments like that. Actually, although most of us get to act on our desires on quite a regular basis (just like the gays), we rarely get the chance to celebrate publicly and demonstrate more openly our sexual identity. I would support and attend a celebration like this, as a chance to "let go" for a while (just like the gays do on their pride day); maybe become more open and outgoing in general in matters of sex (just like some gays do from their pride day) and generally have a good time (just like etc). I don't like this attitude of "we have the right to march in the streets once a year but the straights don't" because it is the sort of discriminatory outlook that mirrors anti-gay views and only encourages said views. Anyone who is bigoted often uses any special treatment that their chosen hated class of people gets as a justification for their prejudice. I would have no problem if gays wanted to join the celebrations, either.

So, you uptight gays, lighten the fuck up. This isn't the 1990's, you know. We're here, we're not queer. Get used to it!

4. SeverineComplex

SeverineComplex Member

My god you are so polite! I just wanted to say thank you! And as a note- Chasing Amy happens to involve the homosexual theme as well (as the main female character is, "lesbian" ..you'll understand once you watch it....) but the theme isn't to focus on the homosexuality part of it, but the larger scale theme at hand that I think perhaps just puts into action so wisely what I'd like to say about the topic, which kinda goes to what Roamy and I were saying, how sexuality has nothing to do with who you are, just your character as a human being :)

5. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

i don't think people play pin the tail on the twinky

but for gods sake - let them eat cake.

6. SeverineComplex

SeverineComplex Member

omg- that just led to an AMERICAN GAY REVOLUTION- they just decapitated Michelle Obama while Richard Simmons is giving head to President Obama...

Meanwhile the Republicans & Rush Limbaugh are warning us that this is JUST the kind of wretched, debauched behavior that will lead feeding the homeless and protecting endangered animals!

It's apocalyptic!!

7. Pablo

Pablo Member

Hahaha. And it's just a slippery slope from there! Soon we would be giving medicine to the sick, educating worthless poor people in schools just as good as the rich kids get, and building systems that benefit everyone! Even non-Americans!

8. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Well... being polite has more positive outcomes I find so... youre welcome. I don't mind the homosexual themes. I'll let you know when I see the movie. :sunny:

9. KewlJosh536

KewlJosh536 Member

Straights are always following the gay thing.
    remember when the gays were doing the earring thing? now everyone has one.

10. Trickface McTrickums

Trickface McTrickums Guest

Honestly, I don't feel very prideful about being straight. Well okay, that's not true, sometimes I do, cuz you know, that's just me. And then there are sometimes when I feel like yelling 'I love tits', but there's never been a time when I'm ashamed of it.

I don't understand why we have to rag on people who aren't heterosexual. Honestly, I just wish everyone could get along and stop having these 'pride' things and just accept each other. It just makes it awkward for everyone else.

11. NewAgeHippie92

NewAgeHippie92 Member

I find it very disappointing how there's been so many people hopping on their pseduo-moral high horse bashing this. When straights bash gays, it's a "crime" and we're being "hateful", but when straights want to have a parade, it's not okay and it's "wrong". If you want equality, that's fine, but be careful what you wish for, because you're doing exactly what "straights" do. Equality isn't using a fake moral high ground to throw stones at groups you don't like and bitching when they throw back, it's treating others the way you want to be treated, and gays sure don't like it when straights bash their pride days to say the least. If this is how gay rights activism responds to a straight pride day, then that group is no better than the group that is repressing them.

12. Michal2012

Michal2012 Member

Everybody have full right to celebrate and live there life there style.

13. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

Every American parade (unless it is designated as gay, black, Chinese, etc.) is a majority hetero parade. Need I say more? This is the American way. :confused:

QP

14. girlsaregamers2

girlsaregamers2 Member

Are you fucking crazy? I think you are. I really think somebody blew your pilot light out. Straight people walk down the street holding hands, kissing and what not ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Gay people get ridiculed, bullied, beaten and murdered for that. When was the last time you heard about someone who was shot for being straight?? When was the last time you heard about a military funeral picketed because of straight people? What The Blue Eyed Fuck.

You've got splinters in the windmills of your mind. Really.

By the way, since gay people haven't done anything wrong, they hardly need your forgiveness, and would probably refuse if it were offered.

15. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

Actually, straight multi-ethnic relationships can still get people beaten to death. Mind you, depending on what colors were involved, unlike gay bashing, you may never see it on the news. Likewise, when there is white on black violence, a media storm is bound to happen, but black on black and black on anyone else tends to get ignored.

Just because someone is not gay dose not mean they can't end up a victim of hate crime.

And as far a Sex? For some strange reason, it is still often frowned upon when a woman admits out loud that she LIKES sex, yet it's OK for bi, straight and gay men to admit to the same thing and we even tend to celebrate when men play the field yet still tend to view women who do as sluts.

So yeah, perhaps we do need to take some pride in sexuality on a whole if that can be balanced out a bit in the process rather than just letting the social minority feel proud to be as they are. Make no mistake, I would still want to go to a gay pride parade one day because they look like fun, but i also think that embracing the carnal drives now and then can be healthy for everyone.

16. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Just as with race ; some are more equal than others. Straight , white , males "go to the back of the bus" .

17. Cool Dirk

Cool Dirk Member

No .....maybe a sexual pride day for everyone

18. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think that's a great idea!

19. JassieLeigh

JassieLeigh Member

Everyone should be equal, no matter sexuality, race etc, so as soon as we all stop discriminating, we can stop having 'pride days' etc!

20. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

We have a heterosexual pride parade here. With skimpy costumes and simulated sex acts: It's called Caribana.