Is friendship after sex possible?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Genie, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Genie

Genie Member

Does anyone think that people can 'still be friends' after a relationship/sex?

I live with the utopic dream that I could be friends with the guys I used to see, but it hasn't yet happened. They're usually civil, but cool.

What is it that makes associating with your ex's so awkward and uncomfortable? After all, neither of the two are worse than what they were before the relationship, it just didn't work out between the two of them.

2. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i think it's quite common to be friends with ex....

but it depends on a personality.... some people do not accept this...

3. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

yeppers, i still talk with a few of my exes, we havent got any issues from having fucked in the past. then again we broke up pretty amicably, no bitterness or fighting o rsuch

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I know it's possbile
    people do it all the time
    such as the dude above me, and myself (sorta, it was an online thing =/)

whether it is possible for you, depends on what your insecurities are, and how much you let them rule you

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

not a dude, see where it says PUSSY :rolleyes:

really i think it most depends on how you two breakup and the realtionship itself. bad relationships, well, you dont wanna be friends with someon eyou hate. if things just didnt work out in the romance department but you two still get a long why not do the friends thing? makes sense to me

6. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

you know, I think it does make the idea of any sort of friendship tainted somehow.

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

haha
    point taken, I wasn't paying attention to the title of the thread, just the content of the post :tongue:

8. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

Cuddling after sex is hard enough to get.

9. Moto

Moto Member

It's possible, but depends on the strength of the friendship before the sex. Were you friends for a long time or aquaintances who said hi when passing in the mall or where ever? If you were good friends before the sex, give it time, and space, and things will iron out by themself. Don't sweat it. Give it to the universe.

10. andis gal

andis gal Member

:bigear: It's possible, but depends on the strength of the friendship before the sex. Were you friends for a long time or aquaintances who said hi when passing in the mall or where ever? If you were good friends before the sex, give it time, and space, and things will iron out by themself. Don't sweat it. Give it to the universe

yer it is i have with my kids dad depends on the pair of you really

andis gal

11. Genie

Genie Member

Yep, I've heard a fair few male friends of mine say that it just doesn't work usually. Must admit haven't asked any girls about it, not sure what they think.

And, Moto, I think you're right, perhaps if there's good friendship there in the beginning than time and a bit of space will help show it through. After all, that's how it tends to be with just our normal friends (ie without sex) - even if you fight a bit you still make up afterwards.