is chubby the new sexy?!

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by punk_rock, Aug 18, 2013.

1. punk_rock

punk_rock Member

So my girlfriend is trying to loose some weight, but to be honest i prefer her the way she is! Her main place is her belly that she wants to slim down, shes not massive at all, just a belly that does sorta sit like a beer belly, but combined with her breasts it looks rele sexy! She also has quite a large (not fat) bum that again i think is beautiful. When we have sex and i can see her boobs and belly wobbling/moving i think its rele hot.

Is this weird?! And how/should i tell her?!
    Thoughts please guys and girls

2. Joshoa

Joshoa Member

Throughout history men have considered voluptuous, curvaceous women to be attractive. It is only recently that the fashion industry has shifted towards he skinny, starved model look. Keep on reassuring her that you love every inch of her lovely body, just like it is.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I like women who are fit and healthy. Not overweight and not starved.

4. nz male

nz male Senior Member

I prefer slim but not skinny & not overweight looking.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Well, a confident woman is the most attractive. If losing weight will make her feel better about herself, encourage her! Ensuring her that you love you either way can't hurt either :).

6. nz male

nz male Senior Member

My wife wears clothes that help cover up certain parts she doesn't like others to see - her boney areas. She has a reasonably nice figure but is far too skinny in some places.

7. Lorea

Lorea Member

Show her this thread...she may believe you then! but! I would still encourage her efforts to exercise, as that is in both of your best interests! it's possible to be healthy while maintaining those soft curves!

8. silk896

silk896 Member

Chubby has always been sexy!!!

As has just about everything else!!!!!!

9. Scorp4vr

Scorp4vr Guest

You should tell her that if she's determined to lose weight, she should do it for herself and not because she thinks it will make her more appealing to you because you find her so damn sexy just the way that she is and that you wouldn't change a single thing about her.

10. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

This.

OP - I can kind of understand the affinity for the chubbiness thing considering I've been attracted to chubby girls myself. But with this kind of stuff especially, it really doesn't matter what others think. What essentially matters the most is whether or not she wants to lose weight for HERSELF. If she's doing it for your sake, then an option would be to express that there is no need for her to do so. However, if she's doing it purely to improve herself, to become healthier and so on, then I would suggest being supportive of her journey.

To speak about myself for a little bit, I'm currently a little out of shape. My girl tells me I look good, but I definitely need to get back in shape. I looked my best last year around the early summer, and I want to go back to looking like that again. But the appearance aspect isn't the only reason; I also want to be fit again because I definitely feel healthier and have more energy when I'm in shape. And the only way to achieve that is by exercising and eating wisely. Although, looking my best for my sweetheart certainly is an attractive "by-product" of the whole thing, too. ;)

11. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

Throughout history men have considered voluptuous, curvaceous women to be attractive."

Fat women don't live as long and have a variety of health problems, some terminal.

They also can't do many things slim people can do.

Fat people also stink often.

12. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

yeah... this is fucking bullshit lmfao.

because of 3 pictures of curvey popular women?

who writes and then believes this shit. :rolleyes: ;)

women are just on the whole in better shape nowadays.

If you can help it, don't be fat.

13. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

"you can do side bends or sit ups, but please don't lose that butt."

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You can look at old art and see that society has traditionally celebrated a curvaceous look. Wide hips and a soft belly = a good child-bearer, which isn't really considered an important quality in women anymore.

Op, i think you should encourage your significant other to be healthy, whether that involves losing weight or not.

15. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

^ that's bullllshit. complete bullshit. you saw one meme and you all eat it up.

[​IMG]

you guys are on CRACK. Men had no choice back then but to marry plump whores because diet/fitness was not as good & easily accessible as it is now.

C'mon now, Please think about it. Some of the most misguided crap that gets passed on today.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

well, no. I have no clue what meme you're referring to I drew that conclusion by noticing that artists from the 1300s - 1500s generally depict a very similar body shape. Wide hips, a generous belly, thick thighs, small breasts.

I'm talking way before Audrey Hepburn, just so you know.

Being plump also once represented wealth. Likewise, being thin and fit now represents a modern, financially independent woman who can afford to go to the gym and eat healthy food.

17. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

I would argue it wasn't fathomable back then. Thin actually meant you weren't getting fed. I think men were still turned on by tits, ass, and hips (much like today) -- to argue they were turned on by FAT... is losing it.

If Audrey Hepburn's body type could exist in the 1300s or 1400s, you don't think men would lap that up?

18. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

It's about what kind of body shapes were perceived as "societally ideal" in different time periods throughout the history of mankind. And what is perhaps considered as mildly "overweight" today WAS once perceived by society in general as "ideal". In fact, this isn't just toward women but also men as well. In roughly 1700's, let's say Japan for instance, slightly overweight men were considered to be handsome.

The whole skinny = attractive type attitude, I think, is more of a modern thing that society started to adopt around 1960's and onward. People like Twiggy seemed to make the whole skinny model look a new standard for the fashion industry.....and beyond.

One little thing about "being turned on by fat"..... Well, if you're attracted to tits, ass, and hips, then you ARE attracted to fat. Today, society seems to make fat to be something horrible unless it's on the "right" places: tits, ass, and hips. Centuries ago, however, the level of body fat perceived to be attractive, according to society back then, was much higher than that of today. A little bit of fat around the waist was appreciated back then.

In reality, curvy, chubby girls are still being appreciated today, just like skinny girls are. Society may come up with various standards, but that could have very little to do with personal preferences. I'm not a huge fan of big boobs, but the smallish-breasted, slightly chubby type curvaceous physique seen in various depictions/incarnations of Venus turns me on a lot.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was talking more along the lines of plump, not fat.

I really don't think Audrey Hepburn's body type would be admired in that time period. Someone that skinny would probably also be very poor .I am sure men found that body type attractive because I doubt men have changed very much over the years and I've noticed that many men are capable of being attracted to both plump and thin women. But I don't think her figure would be considered close to ideal.

just as a side note, Audrey Hepburn battled anorexia her whole life. I'm a huge Audrey Hepburn fan and I admire many things about her, including her beauty, but I don't think her figure should be held up as any kind of ideal simply because she starved herself and she was not a healthy woman.

20. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

Fat=fat

but then i do science?