Is Being A Gold Digger Morally Acceptable For Women?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TheSamantha, Jan 2, 2016.

1. ElEyeJaw

ElEyeJaw Banned

It's sort of hard to hustle someone out of something when you are being completely honest with them. Otherwise the types of men these women do so with consentually are often called sugar daddies, which to me is more or less another type of prostitution, I've never known a woman who had a sugar daddy to not have sex with him sometimes.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Gross is the word I'd use

3. shoeless joe

shoeless joe Member

I agree with most of what your OP says Sam, but with regards to women being able to fight on the front lines, the Marine Corps recently did a study that showed that women are not as effective in combat roles as me are. I'm not trying to be sexist or anything, that's just what the Marine Corps says.

4. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I'm kind of getting sick of hearing women spout crap like this and I have a vagina. Yeah, a lot of those points are valid (for SOME men), but the disdain with which it was all written kind of makes me feel like you were wronged by an asshole once and now you think all men are evil.

This reminds me very much of a time when a man held a door open for me in public and some lady came over and started screaming at him about equality and that I could do things for myself. I don't think the guy even noticed I was a woman, he just was being polite to the person behind him. I always wonder if he ever did it again (polite habit squashed). I realise you are arguing the exact opposite thing as that lady was, but I get the exact same vibe here.

I agree with shoeless joe. We are not equal. Men are better at some things and women are better at others. We should be treated equally in our rights and freedoms, but that doesn't need to be taken to a weird Harrison Bergeron level.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

95% of guys wouldnt make it in the Marine Corps

6. Sparkle Princess

Sparkle Princess Members

I wouldn't need to, I have my own money lol.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Guys gotta have something, like I'll even take food stamps dudes.

8. Ready-kilowatt

Ready-kilowatt Members

Hmmm...

I'm pretty sure that male-dominance is the real issue.

We live in a male-dominated society rather than a partnership society.

This is what I mean:

Dominator culture refers to a model of society where fear and force maintain rigid understandings of power and superiority within a hierarchical structure. -Wikipedia

All primates have what are called dominance hierarchies. That simply means that the hard-bodied, long-fanged, young males kick everybody else around. They control the females, the children, homosexuals, the elderly… everybody is taking orders from this dominance hierarchy. And this is true clear back into squirrel monkeys; it’s a generalised feature of primate behaviour. And it’s an aspect of our behaviour, as we sit here: women – the feminine – is not honoured; -TMK

In sum, the struggle for our future is . . . the struggle between those who cling to patterns of domination and those working for a more equitable partnership world.” — Riane Eisler

9. Ready-kilowatt

Ready-kilowatt Members

I have long since stated that a big part of what psychedelics are doing is un-doing cultural damage, so it's always nice when I see how many others are reaching the same conclusions.

The conference also included an intersectional panel focused on the emerging use of psychedelics to heal trauma from institutional oppression, organized by Natalie Ginsberg of MAPS. That taking psychedelics like ayahuasca or mushrooms could possibly help undo "social programming" imposed by patriarchy is something Helene has been talking about for years.

It's troubling to me that in our community of dissidents, it's very hard for people to see the commonality of connection, difficult for ecologists and feminists and radical media people and psychedelic people to make common cause. And yet, to my mind, these things are just facets of the same agenda. There will be no feminizing of culture without psychedelics. There will be no psychedelic revolution without a gender consciousness revolution. And so forth and so on. It all is of a piece. By allowing ourselves to be divided and linearly broken into old-style political factions, we're in a sense disempowered."
    -TMK

These communities actually Having been coming together in recent times, a great example of this is feminists within the psychedelic movement.

The challenge of how to the raise the profile of women working in the field of psychedelic medicine runs into the same difficulties as all male-dominated fields. "Having more women in on the conversation, it's an achievement in itself," she said. "This problem of gender is not a problem only of psychedelics. It's a problem of division of power in society. The same thing happens with biomedical knowledge in relation to social sciences… Some five or so male biomedical researchers from the US and the UK are usually the sources for everything."
    These Women Are Fighting Sexism in Psychedelic Research

10. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

When bored women in first world countries stop fabricating "facts" and utilizing faulty statistics to validate their own bad behavior, wondering why the world economy values science and engineering jobs over gender studies careers, and start behaving like responsible adults who accept the consequences of their own actions and life choices, you won't need to worry about the morality of gold diggers, or any of the other garbage posted here.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

~walks up to saloon and kicks open the door~
    "Gimmie all ya money ya bunch of cunts!" :D
    *BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG*

12. BirdFlu

BirdFlu resident alien

dishonesty is not okay. if he knows and is okay with it, to each their own. im not here to kinkshame. lol. but if someone is dishonest then thats shitty

13. Feminists are still fighting an uphill battle. I agree with them in that in no way should women be treated as being of less value than men. It almost seems like even when they're being supported by men, the men view it as a kind of charity to them. Like women are missing a part of their brains that can actually experience reality in a meaningful way.

14. lode

lode Banned

If it is morally acceptable to any of you fine ladies out there on the hipforums, PM me.

15. Brotus

Brotus Members

Let me help out here. NO, it's NOT ok for women to be gold diggers.
    It's perfectly OK for a woman to be a contributing member of a couple where they understand each other's role in the couple.
    Normally, that means the woman and the man share the wealth.

Mysteron likes this.
  16. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

That's how we operate .

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think that it's a little unethical for anyone to have that approach - that they're only after money.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my mom always used to call it digging for gold when she caught me picking my nose. doing that isn't necessarily immoral, but i'd rather not see it from a woman.

19. No most definitely not.
    Get a job

CloudyMushroom likes this.
  20. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"Where there's a want or a need, there'll will always be those who will wish to achieve"