is bakable plastic a figment of my imagination?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lynsey, Jan 26, 2005.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

okay so yesterday williams sonoma donated all this overstock stuff to our work and I got a bunch of stuff and one of the things I got is this thing that looks like a rubber bundt cake pan. I remember seeing on tv these rubber pans that allow you to kinda peel them back in order to retaint he cakes shape. I brought it home and my mom's like that's a jello mold (I hate jello). SO this is what I'm wondering has anyone seen rubber bakeware? I don't want to try it out and have it melt. Sometimes I have really weird dreams if i fall asleep watching infomericals so I don't know whether or not I dreamed about the rubber bakeware or if it actually exists.

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I got some of that glad bake ware and it works good. I never seen anything like a bundt pan before thogh. who makes it?

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

theres only 1 way to find out, make some cake...

4. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I know what your talking about... i saw the infomercial... i love infomercials... i dont know why... mabey cause they show me miraculous things... But i did see a bundt pan on the infomercial

5. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I have no idea it's an overstock so there's no directions no package-nothing. It's red and flexible and shiny on the inside and mate ont he outside. Is that how they look? sharper image donated some stuff too so we all got body fat scales which turned out way scary I want to throw it out the fucking window. I was like oh yeah whatever the weight tables say I'm only a couple of pounds over but damn my body fat is seriously like the highest i've ever heard-I've never known anyone even like super big people who have a higher body fat percentage than I apparently do. ok that's my gripe for the day.

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

there's Fimo... it's plastic based and you bake it.... does that help?

7. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

yes ...its a silicon based plastic used for baking

8. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

heh we have some of that stuff.. it works really well :) easy cleanup too