Is Apu from the Simpsons racist?

Discussion in 'Fascism' started by unfocusedanakin, May 1, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

No it isnt.

MeAgain likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

4. hotwater

Sorry to see you all broken up ......lol...

[​IMG]

But it’s just one college students opinion from Texas State University.

But as an African American, I noticed long ago that newspapers and other media outlets tend to flatter whites and almost completely ignore blacks except when it comes to crime
    and other misdeeds, this recent reversal is a way to compensate for past transgressions.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

This thread blew up into the typical racist bullshit I assumed it would.

I'm gay. And female. But I'm white.

I got it made.

No offense to black men, but I don't want to be you.

I like being able to run red lights without my life flashing before my eyes.

6. hotwater

Actually I found this thread to be quite civil compared to others where race is involved,

What I don’t understand is why you singled out only black men, if you’re a lesbian then you have no interest in men – period!

The stereotype that all black men strongly desire white women over black women is a myth.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh I didn't read it. I was just laughing at the headline. If I were to consider your habitual history, you'd only post something you agreed with and mostly came out the mouth or in this case the keyboard of your fellow folk, or, a sympathiser. So I just found the headline to be ironic in the sense that, to squash racial prejudice they decided to go for the DNA sentiment. As if not to realise that right there, they've forfeited their right of equality. Once you start coming out with DNA, then you segregate every race and culture as a whole and in its entirety. Maybe that's black privilage? It doesn't matter what they say, they can't be racist or is that just being pig headed, ignorant.. a bigot if you will? None the less that headline is racist to the max. So I laughed at it.

My DNA isn't an abomination. It has been around for many many years, I am a by-product of the strongest, in my eyes. Everybody living today stems from ancient genes and DNA. The whole purpose of you being here today in this life is that you made it through hard times and turmoils. Your families fought, all of our families fought for us to be here today. That's not an abomination, that's something to look up to. Whether slaves of thousands years past, or a slave in the American times, or Jew during the holocaust, or any culture who suffered accounts of partial holocaust, we are here because our DNA strands and family didn't give in. They fought for the right of future progeny, yourselves if you will. That's not abomination. That's strength, charisma, survival and everyone's culture or race in this earth today made that happen. Isn't that something to look up to? I think it is. Others may not think so, but think of white Europeans this way, if we really were the abomination stated, wouldn't there just be white people?

You see a long time ago people realised the importance of race and culture and that's why it thrives today and although tyrants have tried the opposite, there were too many others that said no, it's not right and now into today, we live pretty good except for religious differences which have nothing to do with race. What we have today probably wouldn't have worked 2000 years or more ago, so like I said, what we have now in terms of DNA is the best.

Sure we have racists, but the thing about racists lays within education they belligerently dismiss and you can't fix stupid.

The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a White Saxon Female, a lesbian, can learn the value of cartoon humour and reality, maybe "we" can too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    hotwater likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I really hope you're aware where you go wrong here and are just libtard baiting again. I don't have this hope for my sake or your average fellow forummer or any liberal or something. But for your own sake.
    I can sincerely say I would pity you if you think you're proclaiming the actual truth. What a shame of a supposedly critical and curious mind.
    But i take it you're simply having fun misportraying modern progressivism as a whole by focussing on a few extreme and/or quaint examples.

9. Noserider

Having sympathy and having the s
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was simply pointing out that being a white lesbian is preferable to being a black man. White privilege and all...

Not sure what you're getting at.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  10. Noserider

BTW why has this been moved to the Facism board?

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Why is this a facist topic now?

Mods gonna mod.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

with the traffic where you are, your life really should flash before your eyes if you run a red light.

13. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You'll have to private message ZenKarma and ask him.

14. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, well I hear that Priyanka Chopra states that she was teased about this as a California schoolchild.

Quantico Star Priyanka Chopra: I Was Teased Because of The Simpsons' Apu

15. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

That's a shame. What makes kids do this sort of thing? Oh yea, ANYTHING, kids will make fun of your hair, clothes, lunch, first name, last name, accent, braces, pimples..................

It's a real shame how this has stunted this woman so, she only became a star instead of owning the production company. Oh well.

storch likes this.
  16. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

She is right Apu was the only Indian guy on TV. I did not even know any Indian people as a kid. What I knew about India until I was in middle school was what he talked about on the Simpsons. Kids tease you about anything. So if all they know is Apu she is Apu. But what else would she have been? Her issues seems to be people being ignorant of her culture not actual racism. I suppose the average only white is right racist would have an issue with Indians. But I think even most pro-wall Republicans don't have the same cultural issues with Hindus that they do with Islam.

Apu is a problem but he's not THE problem in America right now. That's why he is on TV for 30 years.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was teased all through high school in another country. Didn't bother me. -shrugs-

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Anyone who wasnt American was mercilessly teased when I was in school. All of them. I remember there was this guy from Germany and he befriended this guy from Egypt because both of them were outcasts. it wasnt about the color of their skin, it was that they were both different and therefore weird to everyone else

19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hell, we teased the shit out of a little guy just because he came from Wisconsin.

Meliai likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I got the funny accent teasing and the you started a war and lost teasing. I also had different lunches, which was teased but hey have fun over there eating your bland peanut butter sandwich Johnnothan. I'll stick to me sausage and Salami thank you very much..

Of course as I got older and friends were allowed to come over, we started drinking and they met my dad lol, he's always been real cool so everybody loved him and his accent and his ways and once you start eating different things, well, our food was all of a sudden fantastic and "you guys really drink our of a litre stein??? That's fucken unreal! You're so cool"

Still for whatever reasons I couldn't gel with different culture people, mostly Greeks and Macedonians, not sure why. They didn't seem to like me and I wasn't going to bother going out of my way to like them. They used to say things to me in Maco language.

My miss though was few years ahead of me, my friends were her friends. I didn't get hassled too much I had older boys looking out for me. When she finished school I was alone for a bit, I had to mingle with people my own age and my own friends. I didn't find it hard, I was cute and adorable and I had a heaps outgoing personality and I could play rugby on the ovals with the boys. But those Greeks and Macedonians just didn't like me. Ah well fuck them anyway.