Is Apu from the Simpsons racist?

Discussion in 'Fascism' started by unfocusedanakin, May 1, 2018.

1. You mean Baby It's Cold Outside.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you might want to give a direct link to this one, candy's thread gets about 5289083 posts each day of the british crowd kissing each other's asses so most of us don't keep up with it.

WritersPanic likes this.
  3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Seconded.

WritersPanic likes this.
  4. I've been accused of being David Duke, gay, GW Bush, Rush Limbaugh, Zappa and Dick Gephardt. I fkin LOVE hip forums politics!!!!

Quick TRANSlation:
    Seig Heil, big boy, give me money, give him money, they took your money, I gave away your money

5. Indeed, just look how they handled Speedy Gonzales, the Frito Bandito and the Cisco Kid. Poof, wiped from history like so many bytes

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm not concerned at all such portrayals and kind of humour will be gone forever. Such rigorous methods usually have an equally rigorous backlash. Nothing makes people realize the value of something after its gone or minimalized for awhile.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

'The Simpsons' to Recast Characters of Color, 'Family Guy' Actor Stops Voicing Black Role

This is interesting. :)

I think that they will find all people appreciate the recasting people of color. I didn't read it yet, but I'd be interested to know what becomes of Dr. Hibert who is African American. He was actually not a bad fit to begin with; though possibly a token example. It would be nice to keep some things the same and have other things change. :)

I remember Lenny from the Simpsons too. Maybe they could explore his golf game instead of perpetuating his downtrodden persona at Moe's.

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I find this MORE interesting:

The Simpsons Will Now Only Use Voice Actors Who Permanently Dye Their Skin Yellow

[​IMG]

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It would be nice if actors could play any role without worrying about race. There was nothing stereotypical about Cleveland he's a silly man like Peter. Dave Chappelle and other black comics can do this and we all laugh. I'm on his side but I can see a double standard. But I get that America has a history.

Herbert is going to look pretty bad in 20 years I think even though the audience is not meant to agree with him or think the show does I see it as the next character that has to go.

soulcompromise likes this.
  12. Joe45432

Joe45432 Members

I know this is an old thread but Why is this an issue

1) I don't know / care who voices most of the Characters (Other than Nancy cartwright)

2) If you have time to search all the Characters of Colour Characters from All Cartoons to check if they are voiced by People of Colour then you Have too much time

3) I think Grounds keeper Willie is Voiced by a Non Scottish Person (I don't care enough to check tho) But the accent is not real