is anything ever really real?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by YogaOfLove, May 12, 2004.

1. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

"I thought about that- how the world you thought you were walking around in could turn out to be a different world entirely." -Perv- a love story

it seems like this is always happening, you experience differnt epiphanies throughout your life, where suddenly this whole other side of life(differnt perspective for example) becomes apparent to you, and changes you...over and over whether you notice it or not

"History doesnt repeat itself it just never ends." -perv- a love story

2. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Once again great post.The one thing that stands out is change or seeing life in different way.When i look back afew years ago and my thoughts and world now seems like a dream.What is cool with this that there are many levels to life than the one were in.Flux in motion.If this were not so there would not be any growth or change in are lives.

3. fractalated

fractalated Member

reality is change. there is no one thing that is reality.

truth is coming to perceive things as they have come to be, not as they are.

life is what we make it, but not always what we choose.

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

what does namaste mean?

5. fractalated

fractalated Member

namste is a greeting which speaks of the unity between us.

essentially it means "the spirit in me, greets the spirit in you" I recognise that we are the same in character - we are both of the same God and with this in mind I greet you :)

I honor the place in you
    in which the entire universe dwells.
    I honor the place in you
    which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
    I honor the place in you where,
    if you are in that place in you,
    and I am in that place in me,
    there is only one of us.
    Namastè

6. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

I think you should watch the movie waking life, it talks about differnt theories of life and living, and talks about how we change through our life but are still quite essentially the same too, its a very wonderfully animated movie with tons of meaning

:)

7. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

You know, nothing is reall...

8. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

it is as real as you make it.

9. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

reality is like an onion, theres lotsa different layers

10. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

ogres are like onions too:p.

11. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

From my favorite Poe poem 'A dream within a dream':

"Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?"

12. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

that is one of my favorite poe poems too.
    and you know the answer to that question should be why not? what makes the life we live when were awake real, and the life when we are asleep not reality? and are we just another persons thoughts(dreams) so many things to theorize(im not sure if thats a word) and ponder, but nothing will ever be evident to us, weird but i guess it can keep us going eh?

13. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

this world is so damn trippy
    it makes me feel good to think of everything I don't know
    then realize that thats silly
    I am acting like I'm separate from it
    New thoughts every day.. using knives.. so trippy so basic.. parting the atoms. I feel sometimes I get so far away from the basics in life.
    Meditation is wonderful and aweful!

14. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

I think that to us, human beings, reality is what you believe which explains why there are so many theories about things such as afterlife. you can make yourself go nuts by making your own stupid theories :D what the fuck does it matters if it´s real or not, if you believe in it, it´s enough and funny

15. freedom for all

freedom for all Member

its weird... every year i get older different things seem more, or less real. i dont really believe even what i see anymore, because its hard to put it in complete context. in the end, it doesnt matter what you believe is real or not, it just matters that you believe it. if you are completely proven wrong about something, you should rethink your views on it, but until then, what is real is onlyt what is in your own mind because you cannot be anyone or anything else. your thought are your own, and therefor the only thing real to you.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what matters isn't what you belive but how you choose your priorities. that's what creates a lot of what we seem to experience as 'real'. what we collectively immagine to be real is called our culture. different culture's have different ways of looking at things. that's what defines them as being different from each other. all the crap that's indemic to what's dominated 'america' for that past couple of hundred years or so, is loooooong, overdue to be shook up, and about two thirds of it shaken loose, and duped on the damd compost pile, where's it's always belonged anyway.

=^^=
    .../\...