Is anyone else completely unimpressed with the PS4?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Americunt, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That was one option, but they cancelled that. You didn't HAVE to pay for that btw, but the advantage for the people willing to pay for it was disproportionate.
    They also lowered the amount of xp you needed to unlock these characters, so it doesn't take ridicilous amounts of playtime before you can play with one of those.

The biggest reason they adhered to the criticism is that the system was set up to make people play as much as possible, with tactics similar to the gambling industry.

2. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I wish I'd bought an Xbone instead of the PS4.

Irminsul likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Xbone still pisses me off though. I find the I tenet connection to be slow as a motherfucker taking hrs for an 2gig update. Every fucken game you buy needs to be installed which takes time then another fucking hour to doabload content, or more, depending on all the fuck ups and patches they have to make. But once it's all done it's really good. And the controller is solid feel, even though I've used up 2 and onto my 3rd lol.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why? I never preferred a playstation myself until the xbone and ps4 came out.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Sigh, I really want to buy it, just for that one game, but I know whats going to happen, I will play it just for that one game for maybe a month or two, then get the shits when i get to whatever level that is impossible, then it will stay in the cupboard until I throw it out 2 years later

Plus, I cant handle all nighters any more, play it till 3am, then get up at 6am to go to work, too old for this shit, this is what you have to look forward too kiddies

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I always wondered the REAL ulterior motive of fathers buying these contraptions for their children. This thread has confirmed my suspicions beyond all reasonable doubt.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm completely unimpressed by humans finding stress relief, and being more interested, in, destroying, then creating.
    in the essence of recreational simulation being more often then not, essentially that of the raiding party, criminal gang,
    military or law enforcement organizational unit.

of course there a puzzle environments, often frustrating ones, but seldom are there those the encourage, let alone develop,
    real imagination or creativity. only confrontational strategies. which in themselves, might be harmless enough,
    were it not, that they remain at the core, of nearly everything.

being essentially retired, my hours can be any time of the day or night i want them to be.
    so allnighters are no problem, except when i run low on groceries and thus need to be up,
    at least some part of the time, when buses are running and stores are open.

and that sort of thing is basically what i do when creating art or animating it.
    time is a thing that seems to cease to exist when i'm immersed in the universe of creating.

but that's just the thing, to immerse myself in something that i don't feel like i'm participating in creating,
    just really does nothing to gratify my own mind.

8. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I've always felt like there's more selection, plus I just like the whole Xbox experience more. I like the controller better, the interface, the community, everything.

That's why you turn in at 9pm like me.

There are a lot of games out there that encourage creating your own content.

9. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

So way back when the PS4 and XBone came out I posted a thread called "Enter the Most Insignificant Console Generation Ever". About diminishing returns on graphics and how the new games didn't look much better. Seven years later and I still haven't seen anything worth picking up a new console over. The few games I've wanted to play were also available on PC. My son bought himself an Xbox S and their damn games subscription and his console is loaded mostly with older generation games we played on the original Xbox and 360. 'Oh but they're upsaled with slightly better textures..' Conker Live and Reloaded is still playing in 4:3 aspect for crying out loud.

My interest in consoles pretty much died with the Xbox 360. I like my retro arcade style games and I'm a hacker. If I can't custom firmware something, I don't want it. And I'll never pay subscriptions to play games I can play for free on PC or older consoles. PS3 didn't have as many arcade style games but I did enjoy some Super Stardust, and there was a Qix 3D type game called Cubixx HD. I do have a Playstation Classic Mini that is hacked to load a shit ton of retro games off USB drives, and a C64 mini. That's my bag. This new generation PAY STATION 5, looks like hot wet shit, and again literally has nothing I'm interested in. People are going ape shit trying to get one, and it runs fuck all! OOOOOH, it runs Fortnite and GTA 5 at SLIGHTLY higher resolution, oh yeah, take my thousand bucks!!

Sagewynd likes this.
  10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The PayStation 5 is even more of a hot mess now...