Is Acid Just A Myth Now ?

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by outhaboxx, May 4, 2016.

1. dj frogs

dj frogs Members

1p-lsd is still legal here in the uk so not a myth

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL...
    LSD and related are a class A drug, the strictest level of control and has been since 1971.
    plus because 1p-LSD converts to LSD in the body, won't be long before it is also specifically listed.
    then you have this that just went into effect a couple of months ago covers 1p-LSD and any other psychedelics;

The Psychoactive Substances Act received Royal Assent on 28 January 2016. The act applies across the UK and will come into force on 26 May 2016.
    The act:
    • makes it an offense to produce, supply, offer to supply, possess with intent to supply, possess on custodial premises, import or export psychoactive substances; that is, any substance intended for human consumption that is capable of producing a psychoactive effect. The maximum sentence will be 7 years’ imprisonment
    • excludes legitimate substances, such as food, alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, caffeine and medical products from the scope of the offense, as well as controlled drugs, which continue to be regulated by the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971
    • exempts healthcare activities and approved scientific research from the offenses under the act on the basis that persons engaged in such activities have a legitimate need to use psychoactive substances in their work
    • includes provision for civil sanctions – prohibition notices, premises notices, prohibition orders and premises orders (breach of the 2 orders will be a criminal offense) – to enable the police and local authorities to adopt a graded response to the supply of psychoactive substances in appropriate cases
    • provides powers to stop and search persons, vehicles and vessels, enter and search premises in accordance with a warrant, and to seize and destroy psychoactive substances
    so don't know what the hell you are talking about.

LSD was legal until about 1966 in the U.S. and within 5 years most other nations also declared it illegal.

3. Sam Stone

Sam Stone Members

LSD is still around among certain circles, but there is definitely research chemicals and shit that are being sold as LSD, especially in college towns among the naive or even for people who do not know the source of what they are taking! The last good acid i took was in early 2001 I think, and it was from an out of state old school hippie guy who knew a lot of other old trippers..lol

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Never done it.

I always think that, there's going to be certain things that agree with me and certain things that do not agree with me. I can handle weed, MDMA etc. but I never did well on chemical substance so I don't think I want to try acid.

5. Laura325

Laura325 Members

its no myth ...

djomalley likes this.
  6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Isn't mdma a chemical substance?

I haven't done acid in a few years. Last time was at a festival with my boyfriend and it was his first time doing it. We ended up lying I our tent with our heads poked out the door watching the stars the whole time. I just do mushrooms now if I want to get high because I never know what the lsd will really be. I do wish I could find real good acid though. Mushrooms always make me feel nauseous, acid doesnt.

Orison likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

>.>

I dunno. :D

8. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

LSD is still very much around, it's just not as popular as other drugs. The drug takes a long time. Every time I have done it, I needed and entire day and night, then most of the next day to return to "normal". With some of the more intense drugs, people can still go to work, or have a somewhat normal conversations.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

No, Acid is not a myth. It still happens when a molecule donates a hydrogen ion. :yum::yum::yum:

10. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I feel like that's a science joke *googles*

That was a dad science joke, I groaned when the wiki page came up...lol

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You can tell that I was a science teacher in my younger days. LOL.

makihiko likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its still around here too. But i didn't took notice of it directly. Only indirect. But I'm sure its still available here in the Netherlands

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You have nice prisons and short sentences. Seems any one looking to make drugs picks the Netherlands for that reason. I'm sure you can find the best LSD Europe has to offer. Switzerland and the Netherlands are known for it. But Netherlands is more "that is where the best MDMA is" for us Americans.

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I wouldn't take it even if it was around. I keep reminiscing about it though. I've only done it maybe 20 times or something. It seemed like it was so much more than that for many years. I thought I was such a tripper. I got my fair share, but anyway... I haven't seen or heard of it since about the year 2000.

15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Lots of people stop getting anything from it. The true magic is the early experiences but then you are a changed person. So when you do it again it's not the same shock to who you are. Other people take it for 40 years and still feel benefit. It's a strange chemical.

16. slipperyhippy

slipperyhippy Guest

You will know I am an old creaker when I say this. But Leary and his crew were right about a lot of stuff, especially the set and setting. Take a 300 - 500 mic dose of LSD25 in an intense setting, especially if you are highly wired and prone to anxiety in the first place - it is common to have a bad trip. There is definitely a place for using these drugs in a controlled peaceful setting, assuming you are seeking a pleasant experience and not a freakout. Seems like a lot of people are actually SEEKING bad trips, and come here to brag about them, not quite sure why.

Another reality is that if you have an atypical brain and you are schizophrenic or bipolar, the odds of having a bad trip increase a lot.

Another reality is that those that have a highly rigid psyche, who protect themselves with a hardshell facade, who are carefully controlled and never take any risks in a psychological sense - will almost always have an an extremely intense "bad" trip as they approach ego death.

This stuff is mostly just common sense.

djomalley likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If I want some acid I just start huffing folks car batteries.

18. Noel Steinstraß

Noel Steinstraß Members

So I always get very good acid ity so I would say that there is still enough good acid out there