Ireland

Discussion in 'Europe' started by didge, May 13, 2004.

1. supermommy

supermommy wannabe crackho

cheers to ireland

[​IMG]
    5 months n counting

2. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

You coming to visit?? :D

3. supermommy

i am i am i am!!
    i cant wait either..that may be obvious...im goin for at least a week..the plan is for june..waiting for my oldest son to get outta school for the summer to make it easier on dad..
    i am staying with my family in wexford [​IMG]

4. Spacer

Cool, well I hope you have a good time! June is a good time to go. It won't be raining as much as usual! :) You have much family in Ireland?

5. shoneyE

shoneyE Member

So i got here.........thanks for that!!!
    So what do u guys make of them opening up Croke Park??

6. Spacer

It's about time. To many bigots giving out about it, but that's typical of Irish society. We're an insular nation of whingebags and plastic republicans.

7. supermommy

i shall have a good time if it kills me...
    all my dads family is there...ive a heap of cousins n aunts n uncles..this will be my first time meeting any of them..should prove to be fairly interesting tho..
    i have wanted to go my entire life so it will be good..

I cant wait! [​IMG]

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I think I'm going this year too, after I get married in the summer. My girlfriend recently discovered that she is Irish as well, since her mom was adopted and her parents never told her where she came from. But now she knows and she really wants to go too. I dont know what part I want to go to yet, my grandparents are from Ireland and I would ask them but their both gone now, so I think I'll ask my aunt she goes a lot. I'm trying to avoid going to any major city though.

9. shoneyE

shoneyE Member

What you should do is save up some money so that you can travel around Ireland for a while, its so small that you could travel around and see everything and pick your favourite to go back to it.

10. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

That's what I would like to do, but we just had a baby so maybe I can only stay for like a week, but how about much money would a need to do a nice trip like the one you suggested?

11. shoneyE

shoneyE Member

Congratulations!!! boy or girl?? It depends on what way u want to travel.............ie staying in hotels or hostels or camping...... if ur bringing the baby with u obviously the last two will be out, Ireland is really expensive for eating out etc. if ur not careful and watch the prices of places u go. Choose b&b's instead of hotels to keep the cost down, down the country or over to the west of Ireland things will be alot cheaper than say Dublin and there is some beautiful scenery in the west just depends on what kind of holiday u are looking for. Do u know the counties where ur girlfriends parents are from maybe u guys cud travel round those places and dig up some family history?

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

thanks, we have a boy. i dont think we could find out where they are from, but i might be able to find out where my grandparents are from, i could try digging thru some of thier stuff they left behind. but yea i definitley want to go see some scenery, and drink some good beer of course. and whiskey!

13. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

@Supermommy: Wexford aint a bad place. Its just across the river from me. Hook Head is the oldest lighthouse in Europe you should go there, its a real nice coastal peninsula with Loftus Hall, a big haunted mansion on it.

14. Spacer

Ireland is far to expensive for travelling for a long time unless you're will to hitch around and rough it. If so also check out www.wwoof.org

15. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

well, if i were to only stay for a week, where might i go to see some nice scenery and have a nice drink, i dont need to stay in a nice place or buy things, just hang out ya know? play a little guitar in the woods or somethin.

16. supermommy

yer in waterford?
    oooh a haunted mansion...that sounds like uber fun for a big chicken such as myself..lol I plan on seeing, doing, n drinking as much as i possibly can..ha
    im thrilled that i have the luxury of free room n board in wexford....i hear they are famous for strawberries? lol
    do you know if it is hard to get a job on a fishing boat there? (not for me lol)
    [​IMG]

17. Floyd Soul

Umm..... I'd say so. Because theres quite alot of fishermen but it seems to be dying out. Then again you could try goin down to the main harbour in wexford and just askin.

Yup waterford.

18. COS_IRE

COS_IRE Member

Cork is great, Dublin is all city.

19. Floyd Soul

Cork over Dublin for definite!

20. Spacer

And Galway over Cork and Dublin.