Ireland

Discussion in 'Europe' started by didge, May 13, 2004.

1. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

The town is Europes capital of Culture for 2005. It most definitely is the most cultural City in Ireland. Also it has a huge student population. There is hundreds of people from my city studying down there. Nice place.

2. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

In my city (Stockholm) we do have a few 'genuine' Irish pubs. The best one doesn't have anything reminding you of Ireland inside, except for the bartenders, the beverages and the atmosphere of the place. In a suburb I used to live in, however, there was a pizzeria that suddenly changed its name to "McRae's", got some 'Irish' decorations and started serving Irish beer along with the pizza. Now that's class! :D

peace,
    -Pat

3. DSLC

DSLC Member

Hiya, 23 y.o. Irish male here! I'm originally from Waterford, but I'm living in Dublin at the moment.
    Relatively speaking, I don't think Ireland is too bad a place to live - if you factor out the crazy house prices that is! Then again, I'm not very well travelled, so ....
    Anyway, nice to discover that there are some fellow-Irish on the forums! Many from Dublin by any chance?

4. Floyd Soul

I'm from Waterford like you. I like the country but it is quite small. It would be nicer if there was more to it.

5. rcatlanta

rcatlanta Member

daRome Bentley
    OFFICIAL SITE www.daromebentley.com

In an industry flourished with soul artist, daRome has emerged as one of Soul Music's elite.

Listening to darome you'll find his vibe smooth as his looks. Artist, actor, writer, producer and vocal arranger he wears all these titles well. "Writing from the Soul is what makes a real soul artist". daRome started out in church singing and later toured in R/B groups opening for acts such as K-Ci & JOJO, NEXT and JOE. He then later moved to Atlanta to persue his dream as a solo artist. He's worked with super producer dallas Austin as a intern and demo artist for a short while before releasing his own debut album.

This Oklahoma native now resides in Atlanta Georgia, the next Motown of the south. daRome has proven himself as a songwriter and performer. He has successfully competed in songwriting competitions as a finalist in GMIA (Georgia Music Industry Associations) Songwriting Competition and The International Songwriting Competition against thousands of other artist.

Live performances from daRome are so electrifyingly, charismatic and powerfully souldrenched from the heart, it often leaves fans and music lovers with an unforgettable aesthetic punch in the heart!! He has blessed some of Atlanta's hottest venues and Festivals such as Atlantis Music Conferences, The Velvet Room,Club 908, Earth Link Live and at ATL's infamous Apache Café.

daRome's music takes soul music to mainstream. Unlike no other in todays world of oversexdriven R/B & Thugged out Hip Hop music scene. darome is a relief, with a smooth Urban laid-back R/B Pop Soul vibe with universal views of love and life with influences from Marvin Gaye, Maxwell, Eric Bene't, Musiq Soulchild and Kenny Lattimore.

After your ears have been touch through daRome's debut release "EVER ENDEAVOR"
    you soon start to feel...

da Luv
    da life
    da Soul

daRome!!!

For National & International Booking and Information
    Contact

Soulective Enterprise
    Sky Management
    Aaron Martell
    aaron@skyexecutives.com

**CD's Are available to stores at wholesale discounted price!!!!***

For more info
    Contact
    soulective_enterprise@yahoo.com

6. Floyd Soul

Thats a bit off topic I think.

7. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM Lovely Spam! Wonderful Spam!

Back on topic, there's one thing that I was thinking of while we were discussing Irish pubs elsewhere. It can go the other way as well. One particular memory is of some "American themed" fast food joint in Tralee. The walls were blue with stars and had red/white stripes on the lower half of the walls. There were pics of Elvis, Babe Ruth, and otehr stereotypical american icons, but the place had no rhyme or reason to it. It was just random American stuff. I'm ordering my burger thinking, "Is this how they see us?" "IS this what they think we like and what we're into?" Truly creepy. But when the pubs close down and you need to get some food in you, it's a lifesaver. Anyone been to Tralee and know the place I'm talking about?

8. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Man Galway is sooooo much better than Cork, plus the cork accent does my head in.

9. John221

John221 Senior Member

Ireland rocks! Especially Sligo, it's where one of my favourite poets lived (W.B. Yeats) and they have some great live music there.

10. Spacer

How was Paddys day this year, I missed it cos I'm not in the country, I was sober on Paddys day! :(

11. Floyd Soul

I don't know. I stayed at home gardening :D

I wasn't bothered with the festivities.

12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm looking forward to visiting Ireland in September.
    Will be visiting Dublin for two days, then out to The Boyne to see NewGrange
    and the antiquities.

My Nanna is from Castlebar Mayo
    My Pop is from Kerrisivein, Kerry.

in "98 we visited Galway, Mayo Sligo, The Burrens, Dounegaul.

Seemed to be a booming place with new construction all over.

Here in New Jersey, its so Irish, that visiting Ireland doesn't seem
    like visiting a diferent place. Espically when you can just drive to chinatown
    or another ethnic enclave.

Lots of Irish pubs here, but not too tacky.

13. JimiWhizZ

JimiWhizZ Member

Hey im sorry if this is slightly off topic but I'd like to know if any one on these forums living in Ireland has got involved in the psy:trance scene over here?

Its really startin to grow with parties on almost every other week in the music centre, Temple Bar.

Anyone who's into electronic music at all should really check it out... really trippy nights, so much fun! :)
    With bongo players and fire jugglers outside b4 hand. The next nite is April 30th with all proceeds going to a very worthy childrens charity operating in india & africa.

...and its only €10 in!! :p

14. Spacer

bump

Thought I'd resurrect this thread. How are all keeping?

15. Floyd Soul

Hm.... I can't think of anything to say....

I saw a US war plane fly over my house the other day.

16. Spacer

Just after leaving shannon probably.

17. Floyd Soul

Nah, I'm down in Waterford, and this thing just glided real low over the house and quite slow. I didn't know what to make of it. Fuckers.

18. Spacer

You must be under surveillance! :D

19. Floyd Soul

Probably.... they decided to spy on me! I wish they'd get out of the country though.

20. Spacer

Lots of shit in the papers about them sending rendition flights through Ireland. It's not as if Bertie's gonna give out to them anyway, fucking tit.