Iq's Correlation With Religiocity, Income, And Violence

Discussion in 'Psychology and Sociology of Modern Society' started by Nerdanderthal, Dec 1, 2014.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Haha, you fail.

2 people like this.
  2. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the studies before you post them; this would prevent you from looking ignorant and then name calling to cover up your shortcomings.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

He meant Special Ed....

1 person likes this.
  5. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

I've presented a lot of evidence throughout this thread. You have presented zero evidence. My evidence is not 100% comprehensive, but it's evidence. The best you can do is point that my evidence is not 100% comprehensive. You have no counter evidence. Present one shred of evidence that shows there are not genetic differences between races, in terms of intelligence. With this many people who want the egalitarian argument to be true, it should be incredibly easy. Present one shred of evidence McFuddy. If you don't you're a coward.

6. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

You provide evidence to support your considerations but there things you don't consider.
    I'm yo huckleberry.

What preserves and extends the species is many rolls of the genetic dice. There is no optimum IQ for physical survival. We survive as a species existing for and with each other, not as smartly isolated individuals.

7. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Still all fluff no substance I see.

8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

You see the problem is that the burden of proof lies on you; and all the proof you've given doesn't take into account many factors, which has been pointed out to you numerous times. I have not once said that race has nothing to do with IQ, I have simply asked that you answer all the criticisms directed at the evidence you've provided, which you've been unable to do since you haven't taken the time to understand the very studies you post. You take no notice of the fact that IQ tests are generally written up for White folks, that they aren't designed to show the overall intelligence of a person but rather how well they will do in school (which in many regions is based on... test taking), or the myriad of other factors that go into how well a person might perform intellectually in any given situation. What makes your position even more strained is that you appear to be relying on IQ testing as the sole arbiter of intelligence.

In any case, if you are the one defining who is and who isn't a coward, I doubt there is a single person on this forum, myself included, who would care one iota of your opinion on the matter.

1 person likes this.
  9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What is your point? What do you suggest be done with what you have posed?

10. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Natural selection is out the window. Do you have any background of an understanding of dysgenics? Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? It's easy to discount its legitimacy but if you ponder the idea for a while you can connect the dots and realize the threat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_and_dependent_territories_by_birth_rate

It's literally the inverse of the IQ map.

11. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

I'm taking a broad view and therefore ceding (not seeding lol) some authority to credible researchers. Richard Lynn is of high repute and not one scientist has refuted his data. No one has refuted the data because the data is not refutable. The burden is upon both of us. I've presented a clear position with clear evidence. You have no evidence. Your position is based on wishful thinking. You REFUSE to present any evidence, and you cannot debunk my evidence. You hold to an incredibly weak position.

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

'cede'.

13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

How can I require a burden of proof when I am neither making a positive or negative statement? I'm simply asking you to defend the fact you've left out important considerations which you have not done. Simply saying you are taking a 'broad view', which in this case given your argumentation means an overly simplified view does not negate the fact that your evidence is sorely lacking.

Now, please stop pretending like I have taken any position one way or another and defend your thesis, otherwise I suggest you take a little more time to think it through.

1 person likes this.
  14. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Ok, as a starting point I have some suggestions. Considering epigenetics, financial incentives for everyone who commits to understanding critical thinking and formal logic. Use it or lose it, if black people continue to insult other blacks who "act white" if they continue to call them Uncle Toms and reject the concept of intellectual advancement, they will not benefit from these financial incentives. Our current system of welfare does not promote learning in any way. What if demonstration of formal logic skills through an internet test, netted a 5% or 10% increase in welfare? Something, anything is better than not incentivizing reasoning skills.

15. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

touché

16. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Ok, let's get a productive area of conversation. I will answer any direct questions you have, and if you're willing, I'd like to ask you some simple questions to clarify your position.

Do you think religiosity is correlated with IQ?

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I have no opinion on the subject.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Uhhhmmmm. who the fuck is Steve Sailor and why should we consider his OPINIONS any more valid than our own?

honestly, give it up.
    You have not adequately addressed a single point I brought up in my first three-four posts, then admit you did not read it, yet want to claim expertise and intimate knowledge of the very report you didn't read.
    Priceless.

I could go on but McFuddy and thedope already pretty much said it.

19. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

So you don't like deep thinking or problem solving. Or you think problem solving should not apply to social problems. Take as much time as you like, but I really would like it if you'd engage in critical thinking, maybe starting with this subject. When the vast majority of the population of a Democracy or a Republic refuse to engage in critical thinking, we are sure to fall into disastrous traps.

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Neither of these options are a reasonable conclusion based on my answer. It's actually ironic, because all anyone has asked of you is to think critically of the very subjects you have brought up. Do yourself a favor and take your own advice. If you would like to present an argument that propensity toward religious belief has a connection to intelligence, be my guest. One thing is for certain, you're not going to goad me into to doing anything with silly tactics like this.

2 people like this.