Ipods: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DancerAnnie, May 27, 2007.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I'm thinking about getting an Ipod because I'm moving away and where I am moving, I cannot really take the hundreds of CD's that I own with me.

What are your thoughts on them?

If you do own one, what kind do you have?

2. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

3. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i have a Ipod nano...its works good for what it does...haven't had any problems with it...

i just hate the fact that you have to use I Tunes to add musci and such

4. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

i have the new ipod nano.. the blue metallic one :)
    i got it this past christmas and i loove it.

like fitzy said, it does kinda suck that you gotta use iTunes to add the music.

5. DancerAnnie

I have MusicMatch Jukebox, is there a way I can transfer all my music from there into iTunes? You don't have to tell me exactly how to do it in this thread, but a yes or no will be sufficient :)

6. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i would say you would be able to...just transer the music from jukebox to computer then add onto I Tunes

7. hippieatheart

i hate paying for songs from iTunes..
    so i just save all my downloaded music to a folder i made and then put it on itunes from there

8. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I have a 30G Ipod, and I swore to myself never again would I buy an Ipod. There are better MP3s out there for the dollar. I've had nothing but troubles with my Ipod from day 1 and I've now had it for a year and a half. Not only have I had trouble with the Ipod, I had trouble with the Apple Company. I bought a service plan and I had to fight tooth and nail for anybody to fix it. Talking with the best buy people, I'm not the only one with such problems. Apple is more concerned with quantity over quality. I think MP3s are great, and I defintely couldn't picture life without it, but I would look into a different product next time around.

Edit to add: you don't have to use Itunes to upload your music into your Ipod. I used winamp, because that way it's easier to share music.

9. DancerAnnie

What are other good quality mp3 players?

10. hippieatheart

^my brother has a good mp3 player he got from wal-mart i think.
    best buy or radio shack might have some good mp3 players too.

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I LOVE my iPod.

And I also like it that you use iTunes because iTunes is a really great way to store music on your computer... waaaay better than what I had before.

Also ipods are pracitcally indestructable. I accidently left mine in a pool of water for over a week and it still works perfectly fine.

12. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

i have a sony brand mp3 player, no issues save for you have to use their program to add music to it, and cannot use it to move music from one computer to another (but hey, thats what usb/flash drives are for)

13. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I don't have one. Sometimes I think that it would be convenient to have one, but I'm so old-fashioned sometimes. I'm pretty content with lugging around my CDs and portable CD player. However, I just remembered that my aunt and uncle gave me an MP3 player a couple of years ago...

14. myself

myself just me

I have a Sony mp3 player. And I love it. It's very useful now, especially as my laptop's hard disk died, and I have on the mp3 some of my favourite songs.

15. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

The Creative Zen is another to look into. If I already didn't have my Ipod, I would probably buy this one. How many gigs are you looking for? If you are looking for a smaller MP3, I would stay clear of Ipod Nanos, regardless about some good stuff you may have heard of them. They are faulty pieces of sh*t, especially the LCD, which they will not cover for any reason, even with a service plan(not that I think that Apple offers these anymore because they lost out on too much money) or warranty. The LCD on my Ipod broke for absolutely no apparent reason, although they accused me of putting it in the cold. Ok, it was in my house, which was probably around 70 degrees in the Spring time. I actually had to replace the LCD myself and put it in. Luckily, Apple wasn't smart enough to catch it(because the warranty would have been voided) for the other zillion times I had to bring it in, and they still wouldn't consider it a lemon. I think I've brought my Ipod in maybe 7 or 8 times(mostly dealing with hard drive issues), and currently the latest problem is when I put headphones in, you can only hear out of one of ear pieces. Sound like a headphone prob, right? Wrong. I've tried 3 different pairs of headphones, all in which were different brands. Ok, I'll stop my little rant now.

16. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

nah with ipods... your just buying the name.

other mp3s out there are way moe reliable.
    ipod=shit

sorry =[
    peace

17. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Fuck dat shit.

18. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I don't have one. Maybe someday.

19. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

They are pointless. Storage for music is finite and can't be expanded on, once you make your choice of capacity. not that you need 10,000 songs.

My cd player can play mp3 cds. So if I burn a data disc in mp3 format, each cd fits 150-200 songs per disc. and since it is a removable source, it is infinite, compared to an ipod, which maxs out at 10,000, at best!

Plus, most discmans aren't that big these days. An ipod isn't that much smaller anymore.

I am much happier with a disc man and its $35 price tag and greater storage capacity than a $300+ ipod which has finite storage of songs.

Quite a simple equation eh? $35 vs. +$300 for the same thing basically, just a little smaller, but not as much storage.

heh:

[​IMG]

20. DancerAnnie

Just seems so appealing that I can have all my music at the touch of a button...and I don't have to lug a bunch of CD's everywhere.