Introduction

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by CraigV, Jun 29, 2020.

1. CraigV

CraigV Members

Greetings. I’m Craig and I’m not a big fan of clothes. Unfortunately, my wife isn’t similarly inclined. She’s not totally unsupportive. We had been living in a place with a pool and reasonable privacy and I enjoyed many “naked Sundays” in the summer, now and then she’d lose the suit in the pool for a bit, but was never comfortable. Five years ago she came across a clothing optional 5k not far away and I signed up, it was the first time in 25 years I was naked with other people and it was great. Only problem was that I went alone. I hung out, sat in the pool, talked to some people here and there ( I’ve been back about 8 times for races, I’m not a runner, it’s an excuse to go!) I can’t get my wife to join me! She gets angry if I mention it now, so I can’t even really talk about it. I just passed on going due to COVID, so I’m missing having had my day in the sun. I would love to find someplace in South-East PA that I could hang out for a bit, with people and safe from prosecution would be a plus! Any thoughts?

NudistTed and bill697cu like this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I hope you find someplace safe and fun. Sorry about the wife...

3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Firstly Welcome to HIP.
    I am a UK member so can't help for your area.
    But I am positive someone will.

4. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That really is a tough one. My wife was hesitant for about 3 minutes when we went to our first nude resort. Now we absolutely love our nude life. You might try telling her that you really want to go, but it would best if she went. This keeps you from being a lone male. Tell her she doesn’t have to go nude.
    PM me for more help.
    PJ

5. CraigV

CraigV Members

To clarify: we’ve been married 33 years. I try to get to the two races each summer, she has no interest, no interest in nude beaches, nothing. I think if we were on a private island alone it would be ok, but not with other people. She doesn’t mind that I go, I skipped the last one because a bunch of strangers breathing heavy around me didn’t seem safe, social distance hasn’t been a problem. I personally would have a better time with some company!

6. Panama Jack

Does she have a self esteem or is she self conscious of her body? I can tell you where we go, no one and I mean on one cares what you look like. They just want to have friendship. There are all shapes and sizes. The point is also she can still keep her clothes on if she wants to. I have seen women come with their clothes on and very soon lose them. My wife started with sarong wrap and now only wears it to and from the pool area and showers. I wish I could help you more. You need to root out the real reason she is against going nude. I do things for my wife that I really don’t want too, but I do it anyway. She, in turn does it for me.
    Personally, I would not want to do anything nude as a lone male. Us males get a bad wrap if seen alone in nudist settings.
    I wish you luck. Nude life is great.
    I am so glad my wife and I do everything together..even nudity.

7. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

Hi Craig I feel you. My wife also has no interest. She wasn't thrilled with me being nudist at first either but reluctantly has given her blessing for me to attend beach and club events. I think it's mostly body issues as she's overweight but she says she doesn't want anyone else seeing my body that it should be only for her and vice versa. That's rich given she's the only person I've slept with and I'm about her 12th (not counting those she "fooled around" but not had sex with).

8. CraigV

CraigV Members

I posted this not with the intention of ever getting my wife to come along, I’ve tried, and suggestions are rebuked, and it’s no longer worth discussion. She’s fine with me being me. She has no self esteem issues, she’s in great shape for her age, none of these are the issues, she just doesn’t want to see a bunch of naked people. My post, and joining this forum was just to be able to talk about this topic with like minded folks! Maybe find someplace close by safe to go, as I no longer have my private yard and pool. There’s a 7k run in PA at the end of August (maybe! COVID willing) maybe someone wants to go to.

9. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

My wife tolerates my nudity. She will never join in and complains about me being nude. I ignore her and stay nude most of the day. She use to go topless but doesn't even do that anymore. Oh well I enjoy being nude but not many nude friends in my area. Seems like when I meet nudist in my area they end up moving to warmer states. PA is not far from NY and I hope you find some friends to hang out with.

10. Panama Jack

Only a suggestion here. You may want to find out if there are any “non landed” nudist groups in your area that will accept you in at meet ups.
    Check with AANR.
    Good luck. Nude life is the best.

NudistTed likes this.
  11. nldn

nldn Senior Member

It's not unusual for there to be a couple where one is not happy to be nude.