Introduction

Discussion in 'Doula (Childbirth Assistant) Training' started by merrijayne4, Dec 11, 2007.

1. merrijayne4

merrijayne4 Member

Please introduce yourself so we can all get to know each other better. Tell us about youself and your interest in chilbirth?

Hello all i should tell you all about myself. I am a mother to 6, my oldest being 14 youngest just turned 4 mo. I am a Doula(not currently practicing) An herbalist, and a student midwife. I am currently studying midwifery through midwife to be study course. And i am also in College studying nursing. I originally started out planning to become a CNM i am now working on the CPM also. I am unsure which path i will ultimatly follow. I have taken several online courses, homeschool my own children, and also i was homeschooled myself. All of which i feel provide me with a great understanding of learning.

Please if any of you have any questions i am here for you!
    Good luck and have fun Merrijayne

2. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hello~~ I'll start. I am Advaya, I am 21 years old and have been studying midwifery since I was 19 so far my education has been Introduction to Midwifery through Ancient Art, and the first year (basic course) of Womancraft Midwifery. I live in Appalachia, I'm interested in homesteading and being back to the land, I have a massive interest in herbal healing and touch healing with some experience in both. I am not a parent yet, but I know I will homebirth and Attachment parent, so I'm taking both this doula course to supplement my midwifery class, and your AP class. I look forward to this :):) I love to learn.

3. Rigby

Rigby Member

I actually have no children and no real desire to be a doula myself- BUT natural childbrith fascinates me and when I am ready to have a child, this is the route I want to take. I want to learn everything I can about it, and I think this could help and be of great interest.

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Hi my name is Eryn. I am a mother of 3 beautiful children. My fascination with pregnancy and childbirth began before I even had children and since giving birth myself the fascination has grown... Right now I am becoming a massage therapist. After I graduate I will also be reiki certified as well. I will be using my training to massage women through labor, infant massage (and teaching parents massage), pregnancy massage, and reiki for pregnancy pain during/before labor. I would love to also become a doula so I can further help mothers through their labor.

5. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

If this is still going, I hope I can join. I tried to join before, but I seemed to have some trouble and couldn't really figure it out.

I am 24, I have a 6 month old daughter and I am a breastfeeding peer counselor. I've had a fascination with birth for a long time as well, and had been looking at doula programs and midwife programs, but I just don't have the money or the time to travel to in-person locations.

6. veggimama4

veggimama4 Member

Hi

My name is Leslie. I have given birth 4 times, they are all beautiful. I only had one with a midwife, and it was the best birth. I feel that I have much experience and knowledge about birthing and feel that I could help many women to understand and cope with labor in positive ways. I already had most of the required reading on my book shelf. I am very happy that you are offering this class and would love to be a part of it.

7. merrijayne4

merrijayne4 Member

Wow there wasn't much interest or activity here for some time.
    I see there is some interest now. i will post some assignments to start with.

8. StarlingK

StarlingK Guest

I know this isn't active right now, and the member who was the instructor isn't active now either. But i'm going to read all this through and the books. I've already started on the doula certification book list and any other books by the leading experts i can find at my local library.