Introducing www.HomeAlone.Life

Discussion in 'Independent Living' started by Rick S, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Rick S

Rick S Newbie

I have had a concern about living alone, something happening to me and no one knowing, while my pets starve. So I created www.HomeAlone.Life

Check it out!
    and THANK YOU!

2. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love it when someone creates something to address a need.
    I know there has been a number of instances within the UK where people have died alone and not been found for weeks.
    Really sad.

Most, however, have at least one human who's not necessarily a friend but someone who will know pretty soon, if something is awry.
    Pensions payment office, library, or perhaps better; the local coffee shop.

Much better, imv, if we redeveloped the local sense of community where the vulnerable looked out for each other.. Oh, wait; most still do..

3. Rick S

Rick S Newbie

Bazz888,Thank you for your comment.

4. Bazz888

Rick; I wonder should you have made your opening post more descriptive - ie better?!

When I went to the link, I got a whole new perspective.
    An email seems to be sent out daily and, if the old/inform/elderly/other don't respond, the recipient may need help.

Quite good but food for thought:

1. the elderly are the demographic least online
    2. spam filters from ogogle (for example), are overly active. They block stuff that is legitimate, even before it reaches the spam folders.

It may be a better idea that they sign up online and you use SMS to send the daily check?
    TMTOWTDI

5. Rick S

Rick S Newbie

Bazz888, I am A-B testing. I'm hoping curiosity sends them to the site and the site sells itself but I'm playing with it.

Regarding your comments, reminders to the user and alerts to the contacts can be sent by email and/or SMS (configurable).

For elderly, I expect the contact would likely set it up but if the elderly user can click a link from a daily text message on their phone (or a link in an email), that is all that is needed. No logging in. Once signed up, one only needs to go to the website to modify contacts and settings. Also, emails to the user and contacts include TIPS and links on how to prioritize emails for various services, but SMS is best and on by default. Appreciate your comments.

6. Bazz888

I get what you are saying and I think it will be useful to many.
    Keep a check on GDPR (regs re personal data).
    Happy to help.
    Trying to start my own online 'thing' and with the software build but, with no investors (don't want to need to charges fees to offset their cost), it's a challenge.