Introduce yourselves!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by borut16, May 25, 2004.

1. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Aaaha!! You probably couldn't phase me, because I'm German.. hehe. :D

And shameless.

2. smellyhairyhippie

smellyhairyhippie Member

No difference so am I!

3. lorelai_g87

lorelai_g87 Senior Member

My name's Pinky. I'm 17 and my parents are Filipino, but I was born in Naples (Italy). Two years ago I moved to Milan and I miss Naples so much........

Uhm...what else? Well, let's see. I'm probably moving to the U.S. for university, maybe to Chicago where my grandma and aunt live. I wanna study child psychology, help people someway...make this world a better place coz I find it absolutely awful!

My life revolves around my friends and my bf (D. there's not a moment that I don't think of you. Volim te). They are my Angels (you know how much you mean to me, thank you for everything).

I like writing, listening to ROCK music, reading (F. Dostoyevski, S. Plath and Virginia Woolf are my fave authors), taking pictures (although I'm not talented as I would like to be), observing the people I love, going to movies (my fave movie: The Godfather) and many other things....

I have a weakness for: choccolate, Neapolitan pizza, guys with beard, children (they are lovely and I wanna have many of them one day), Europe (Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Rep. etc), hippies

4. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I could say you have a weakness for Croatia, hence the 'volim te' thingie.
    I'm glad you like Slovenia, too. :)
    Have you ever been here (Milan is not so far away from me, as I live quite close to the boarderline) in Slovenia?

Love,
    Borut

5. lorelai_g87

Yeah...Volim te...I was referring to my bf, but he's not from Croatia, he's from Serbia.
    I wish I've been to Slovenia before, but I still haven't. One day I will for sure.

love,
    Pinky

6. freetibet

freetibet Member

my names Dylan, I tap dance with polar bears.
    the end.

7. lorelai_g87

Hi Dylan. Welcome! Hope you have a great time in the hipforums

8. Feminine_mystique

Feminine_mystique Member

hi. id like to be called ULAN. it means rain.

the name speaks for itself. i love it when it rains. i get to wear all the cool sweaters i found in my mother's cabinet when it does. :) im a bit of complicated really, because as much as i love the rain, i worship the sun as well.

so anyway, i am from the Philippines. (and no, we dont live in tree huts anymore.) i am a mountaineer...well basically, an outdoor-loving person. i am in a constant search of adventure. i love to travel and see new sites, listen to foreign sounds and learn other cultures. i also enjoy road tripping.

i can say that i am musically inclined. i listen to different kinds of music: triphop, soul, reggae, ska, alternative rock, acoustic, those of the 70's and other shoe-gazer music. some of my favorite musical figures are of course, the beatles, steel pulse, peter tosh, bjork, dave mathews band and our very own cynthia alexander...to name but a few.

im an activist. i am against capitalism in the fullest sense of the word. im a feminist. im a pescitarian..and im hopefully on my way to become a vegan. i believe that there should be a balance in everything. essentially, im a little bit of everything all rolled into one.

i would like to become fully aware of the beliefs and activities of a real hippie. there are so many people now who think they're hippie just because they clothe like one, act like one, smoke pot like one, but never understanding what it really means to be a hippie. what makes one a hippie? how was the term "hippie" coined? what are their fundamental principles of life? these are some of the questions i would like to throw out into the void. so please answer me dear void. ;) i would really apprecaite it. :)

im new here and i really dont know what to do. i hope i did well. i would gladly accept critiques. :D

9. Dustystar

Dustystar Member

I'm happy to introduce myself as Abby, a 17 year old from OHIO! I live upon the belief that equality is a right not a privledge and exploring ones sexuality is key to knowing oneself completly. I also value the concepts of peace, love, happiness, and understanding, but I do feel I'm still learning how to apply them in all aspects of my life.

I enjoy being an active thespian, and dancer in my community. I love art yet I am not an artist beyond the theatre. Unless you consider stick figures art!?

Music to me is responsible for the person that I am today. Its hepled surround me with a small group of people I LoVe, inpsired me to dance otuside of the realm of instruction as well as introduced me to pot and expanded my mind beyond the obvious.

I'm incredibly blessed to find all you wonderful people and I hope to converse with more of you soon!

10. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

welcome my ms. abby!

11. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

12. Dustystar

Dustystar Member

Thanks for the welcome...I much appreciate>>>> hope to talk with you more soon!

13. John221

John221 Senior Member

I'm Johnny!

I play lots of different instruments and write some of my own music. I like going to folk clubs and singing songs with lots of other people.

Pink Floyd are my favourite band, and I'm also a pretty big fan of Donovan. Appart from that, I listen to lots of classical music, folk, jazz, acid rock and a few more exotic things like Indian and native American music.

I love poetry, especially that of the Romantics like Byron and Shelley. Sometimes I try writting poetry of my own, but I never think it's all that good.

On thursday nights, I go out to a local bar, get drunk and dance about to heavy rock music with some of my friends.

I'm engaged to Natalie, the most wonderful young lady in the whole world!

I play the spoons, and came third in the 2003 World Spoon Playing Championships at Trimdon Folk Festival.

I have a couple of different nicknames including Spoons (can't imagine why), Johnny Wow (apparently because of my loud dress sense and because a local band wrote a song about me under that name), and Jesus (because I look a bit like him when I havn't shaved in a while).

And I think that's about it; did I mention I'm 18 and my birthday's in September?

There you go, me in a nutshell (almost).

Rock on!

14. PhanPhavorite

PhanPhavorite Member

Hey all name is Brian. I'm 20 (21 on Sept 8) and live with my parents in Toledo, Ohio. I've been a "HIPPIE" for about 6 years. I go to school at the University of Toledo from time to time. Go Rockets!!!!

Music is my life, although I don't play any instruments. Well except for an occasioal djembe. My favorite bands would include Ween, Yonder Mountain, WideSpread Panic, Ekoostik Hookah, String Cheese, moe., Phish, Keller Williams, and recently Modest Mouse. Those are a few from a long list.

I enjoy going to shows and festivals, watching the tube, pulling tubes, and hanging out with friends.
    I strongly follow these quotes:
    "Keep on keepin' On"
    "Havin a good time! Watchin' the sunrise!"
    "Don't worry bout a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright."
    "I get by with a little help from my friends. I get high with a little help from my friends"
    "PBR ME ASAP!"

Peace, love and PBR,
    Brian

15. Moonflower64

Moonflower64 Member

Hey, Im Moonflower

I live in Canada and I'll be 15 in a few days.

I really suck at school except for art and photgraphy. I really hate math and science cause I never understand.

I love to paint and draw baically I'm a very artistic person. My favourite band is The Beatles and I like new and old rock.

I am a half vegetarian (I don't eat red meat) and I'm thinking of going full.

My favourite colour is green and I love patchwork skirts!

People always tell me I' really negative but that's only because I'm not very pretty and also it can be really funny when your negative sometimes hahaha!

When I grow up my plan is to be and artist. I want to travel alot and open a stand in a market or a shop in Nimbin or both! Who knows what the future holds!!!

Anyway thats about all I can say about myself.

16. shoelaceknots

shoelaceknots Member

Hidey-ho! I'm just gonna wing this cause i didn't read much into what others are saying about themselves!
    My name is Keisha, some call me Nikki on occasion. I've got one nickname, the ever-famous nick name that everyone seems to have now...Kitty.
    I am indeed a young soul, but i enjoy talking with the older people because i'm more mature than people my age, and i can actually relate to more stuff with the older folk.

I am in highschool, i will be in my Junior year when school starts up again next month. I currently wish to go into the medical field after i graduate. My favorite subject is Biology.....Human anatomy and learning about different kinds of insects, animals and leaves just makes my day. I am in the highschool band, i play the Clarinet. I just recently, well, a few months ago, bought myself a funky looking bass guitar, and am trying to teach myself how to play.

I currently reside in the state of Missouri, but am hoping to move by the end of next year, to Kansas or wherever i end up going. (Maybe Colorado...or AMSTERDAM..somewhere nifty...but Kansas for now.)

I listen to various types of music. From the Eagles, to Jimi Hendrix, to classical orchestra/band music, along with Bob Marley, to Metallica and Machine head....Tool and Six Feet Under. So, basically everything but pop, and rap, barely ever do i listen to country music.

I would like to admit that i have fallen in love. I have only been with the guy since January of this year, but we've been through so much together, and he has given me the joy of experiencing true love. I love this man more than words and emotions put together, can explain. and God do i miss him (long story) We are still together, although he does not live in the same state anymore. We hope to start a life together by next year if everything gets cleared up with the issues he has right now (again, long story) We hope to get custody of his toddler daughter, whom i love like my own...and be a family together.

I have been named to a few stereotypical groups...such as Goth, and i believe that Goth is not about the way you dress, it is about the way you think...and no, not morbid, depressed thoughts all the time. I do dress in dark colors most of the time, but i believe you dress in what you feel comfortable in, not what you think is stylish. I guess, on a few levels, i consider myself Goth; again, for the way i think on certian things. I've also been called Hippy....imagine that..I do enjoy tye-dye and i do have hair that is EXTREMELY long, on occasion (once or twice a week) i put on one of my many "hippy-ish" outfits....hell, most of the time, i'm sleeping in tye-dye shirts and flowers.ha ha..I don't mind being classified under any group; let people think what they want to think...but all in all, i consider myself a Keisha, and nothing more. heh.

I DO smoke pot....used to be on a regular basis, but for a while, it has been, and will be for a while longer, once to a few times a week, but that is all i do, i don't even smoke cigarettes.

I LOVE nature, and i have to say that i do not really enjoy the human race, because of what they've done to nature. ..what WE'VE done to nature. We kill animals for sport, we invade their territory to build homes and other buildings.. It boggles my mind to think that every animal hasn't turned against humans yet, but instead, most are SCARED of us. it saddens me so much. If i had the choice to, i would (move where it's warmer in the winter HAH HA! and..) go into some field, or something of the sort, and build a small wooden home for 4. with 3 bedrooms and one bathroom, a living room....but sand floors with rugs and pallets to sit and sleep on. we would have no electricity, we would cook on an open fire, and warm ourselves with fire as well. We would walk to get groceries and go to work, with the kids catching the bus for school. I could go on, but i think you get the idea.

I think that might be it. Take care all!

17. jailmate

jailmate Plantenist

im Pallavi from india!
    i go to an art coll here and some day plan to become an animator..!!!

I am it all, your guru, with long dreadz and love of moksha.

Arrange a marriage through your father.

18. Tye_DyeBrain

Tye_DyeBrain Member

Hi Everyone!! I'm Danny.. i'm 18 years old and from a smaller town in northeastern IL...pretty much Wisconsin

I love to read and write (poetry especially)...even though school can be lame...i enjoy learning and the whole thought process

I totally dig music!...as aldous huxley said "thats which comes nearst to expressing the unexpressable is music"......i'm also a huge Grateful Dead fan..but otherwise i can enjoy and appericate different kinds of music

I really love VW BUSES...and within a few weeks i will hopefully be the proud owner of one...YEAH!!!:)

Makeing jewelry is something that rocks my world too...And hopefully one day I will be able to open up my own Hippie Shop

I guess since I dont have any pictures on here yet i'll do my best to give a brief description of myself...5'6...Long blonde hair...light blue eyes....i love wearing tye-dye...and the color green

I hope to be meeting all the groovy people here on hip forum real soon!!....

Peace n` Love *Danny*

-and if anyone every wants to have
    some rad convo you can IM me or
    private message me ;)

19. NorwegianWood

NorwegianWood Member

Howdy! My name is xylophone and I'm fifteen exciting years old. I live in San Jose, California, which is about 40 miles south of San Francisco. I am a high school student, a hippie, a banjo player, a Beatlemaniac, a pacifist, a vegetarian, an environmentalist and a Grade-A Freak. I'm extremely liberal and would never dream of supporting a Republican. I beleive in peace, love, the works. I'm madly in love with John Lennon and know everything there is to know about his life and times.
    Love you!
    -xylophone

20. patchiouli

patchiouli Member

hey. im erin, and im fifteen. i just registered on this site, but i've been visiting it for about the past year. umm some things that make up my life are music, drugs, friends, politics, and the environment. music.... thats a subject i could talk about forever. i'm extremely passionate about the music i listen to. some of it includes the beatles, the doors, the grateful dead, jefferson airplane, pink floyd, dylan, marley, and hendrix. music takes up most of my life. i dont play anything, but i want to learn the guitar. but basically, music is me. um drugs. yeah drugs rock. i guess im a pretty big pothead, and ive been getting really into shrooms lately. if im not listening to music, or getting high on something i'm usually out protesting. i protest about a lot of political things. i've completly against war and president bush. i also protest stuff for the environment. im a huge environmental freak. im also a vegetarian, and into animal rights. theres a bunch of stuff about me that i would like to share, but it sucks to read someone's life story in one of these poll things. but yeah i love this site, and i want to talk to all of you young hippies out there!

peace