Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Caelynn, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Wanttobenude-Keith

Wanttobenude-Keith Member

Hi all, I'm also a starting photographer, I have taken a few self potraits though I want to expand into using models for my art, I did alot of research before I bought my camera (A FinePix S6000fd Digital Camera), I love to take photos and I hope that someday I can get into professional photography.

2. mystic_one

mystic_one Member

Hi everybody. :) I don't know that much about photography (I just point and shoot) but I love taking pictures. I've been doing it for a while now. Just made the switch over to digital. I do like the ease of storing and sharing with digital...not crazy about the prints. Let's see if I can do this self-portrait thingy. Excuse me while I putter around for a minute....

ah-ha! That simple? But I am to understand that any picture we want to post, we must upload onto the site first since we can't link to outside sources?

Here I am, in all my glory:

[​IMG]

3. mystic_one

mystic_one Member

hmmm.....now my post isn't showing up. maybe if I give this thread a nudge. hellooooooooooo

4. odon

odon Slightly Popular

5. RiffRaff

RiffRaff Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We really need to get this place going again. There must be more people on here who take pictures.

6. wonka816

wonka816 Oh Davey

i never noticed the introduce yourself in here...

im 19 and a photo student at the art institute of Philadelphia. i love photography and am pretty knowledgeable with the technical end of photography(lighting, cameras, etc) and can probably help with most questions anyone has. i have a rebel xti but i dont really use it much anymore, usually shoot with a 5d or a hasselblad from my school when i can. i love medium format film and architectural photography

here are some shots of me.
    the color one is just a p&s shot someone took of me at our festivus party and the 2nd one is one i did playing around with lighting in a studio i set up in my basement

7. WeetzieBat

WeetzieBat Member

Hello :) I'm Brittany, i'm no professional but I really enjoy taking pictures. Nice to meet you all!

8. nightofday

nightofday Member

hello, i am john and have basically the same story as brittany above me

9. jimifan123

jimifan123 Member

hi im currently taking photography class for school and im in the school news paper called focus as a photographer so here is some pics [​IMG]

10. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Jimifan- you posted the url of a web page as an image. The image feature doesn't work that way- you need to use the actual url to the photo itself and not the page that displays it. I did access the site and like your photos. Some of the hockey shots appear a tad dark but the subject matter is interesting and your shot selection is good.

11. Mabster

Mabster Member

HI there and good morning.
    I'm Michael but you can call me Mabs.
    I'm 21, live in the beautiful Shetland Isles and occasionally dabble in a spot of photography.

I use a canon 30D with a 70-200 2.8 IS and 430EX Flashgun.

This week I have received an Olympus 35rc rangefinder and an Olympus trip.
    Having never shot with film before I was a little apprehensive an said at the beginning that my first roll of BW film would be processed by myself. I have just processed my second roll and it is currently drying.

I'm looking forward to looking through all the threads here.

Cheers for now

Mabs

P.S: A small selection of my images can be found at www.flickr.com/photos/aperture-wide-open

12. Immaya08

Immaya08 Member

Hi everyone. I am not a professional photographer but I love taking photographs of nice and exciting places and sceneries. I am located currently in the Middle East and I wish to share photos from this part of the world. If this would be of interest to the members, then I will post more. Good day to everyone. :)

13. goldilocs

goldilocs Member

14. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

I started out in amateur photography more than 30 years ago, but I am gradually getting back into the hobby after some time away. I currently have a small collection of shots I have taken with a rather basic digital camera, and more than 3500 higher quality color negatives from my 35mm days.

[​IMG]

My avatar is made from one of a few older shots that I have in digital form. I was half a second too late on the shutter; the nose of the train had already popped out of the second tunnel into the sunlight. Twenty-five years after that mistake, I edited the locomotive down to only a headlight, making this the picture I intended to take.

I shoot all kinds of subjects, but tend to be biased towards strong visual contrasts between the mechanical precision of man-made things and the elegant randomness of nature. The example below was taken the same day as the avatar.

[​IMG]

15. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

In the last few days I have nearly doubled the size of the photo collection in my albums here.

16. lazydaze

lazydaze Member

hello!
    my name is sara, i like photos. i dont like to leave home without my camera, i have your basic point and shoot canon-8mp. it does an ok job. i wish i had a couple thousand dollars to spend on a nice slr camera and a lense or two. there are alot of things i like to take pics of that this little guy just can't do, in fiveyears i will have a nice camera.... anyway i love photos and look forward to posting and viewing yours!

[​IMG]

17. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

My name is Sam. For as long as I can remember I've had a camera in my hand. This past christmas I finally got a starter camera (nikon d40). I enjoy taking pictures of animals, people, and insects mostly. I'm currently learning as much on my own as possible but will one day take a course. There are a few pictures in my album... and I will post some more when I get some more editing done.

I'm hoping that this forum picks up soon, seeing as though I think it could be a really interesting place with lost of talented people! :)

18. PLUR42609

PLUR42609 Member

Hey there names Vanessa! I grew up as the photographer of my family but have only recently taken it up as a form of art a year ago through school and I am glad I was able to. I fall more in love with it every day. I was also just given a new nikon D3000 for Christmas and I don't think I've put it down since I opened it.glad to see I fit in somewhere! <3

19. PLUR42609

PLUR42609 Member

Hey names Vanessa. I grew up as the photographer in my family but have only taken up photography seriuosly through my high school about a year ago. And I'm glad I was able to I fall more in love with it every day! I love the smell of darkroom chemicals and the feeling you get from knowing a print is finally done but I was just given a Nikon D3000for Christmas And haven't put it down since. Glad to be here!:)

20. Hi, it's taken me months to pluck up the courage to join this group. I don't know if I'm ready for people to see my photos yet but I will see how it goes.