intro for cohikr68

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by cohikr68, Sep 13, 2021.

1. cohikr68

cohikr68 Members

Hey all, new to the site and introducing myself. Live in Denver. Been in Colorado since the 50's. Yeah, I'm old. Avid hiker. While old still do higher altitude hikes. Stay away from the over run 14teeners and do a lot of 13,000 -12,000 foot mountains. Being in the mountains is therapy for the chaos of the urban setting.
    Anyway hi, again.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

And the urban setting is more and more chaotic.

what’s a fave day getaway?

3. cohikr68

cohikr68 Members

There’s an alpine trail that climbs up to the tundra one hour from Denver. Has three different trailheads. Because it’s across the highway from a ski area it’s relatively unknown except for locals. It climbs to a snow fed lake surrounded by mountains 12,000 and 13,000 feet in elevation, If you have the energy left, you can climb to one of the peaks. Once there, you will look in all directions and the entire horizon is filled with mountain range after mountain range. And I always feel a tremendous rush when I get to the top of any of the peaks.
    The pain and energy used to reach the top of the peaks is always rewarded. As close as I can get to a spiritual place.
    Nope, not going to post where this spot is. It’s a place of refuge. Any individual who wants to know, get in touch.