interpretation advice

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Desos, Feb 4, 2009.

1. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Again I have to ask, I guess I didnt put the question clearly. How can there be 'realities' which are contained within a reality? They would still, ultimatley, be part and parcel to reality itself, and are therefor realities but not in the sense of universe, but in the sense of occurences within.

2. Desos

Desos Senior Member

like for example lets say that this reality represents an ant farm. one of those thin glass things that you can put on your desk or w/e and see all the tunnels the ants make. that is like our reality.

now outside there is a whole lot more going on, but the ants are contained within their little reality. the reality is like a cacoon to them, disconnecting them from everything else.

this reality is like an ant farm sitting on the desk of another higher, cosmic, reality. that cosmic reality in turn is just like an and farm on an another reality that exceeds even it.

but that was a different salvia trip, and something i have referenced in other threads.

what i am talking about here is basically i was torn out of reality and my life essence was dragged up through thousands and thousands of almost identical realities that were layered ontop of eachother. imagine a film reel with thousands of indentical images on it. but instead of being played in a film projector it's like the bottom frame represents this life, and all the other frames are flying by really fast, and in the frames were realities instead of pictures.

i just don't know how to explain this.

i was just bringing up the possibility that maybe all these other realities i saw are just other lives i have lived; and that because karmic diposition is defined by our ego, we really can't have our karmic disposition in any other life than this one because in a different life we would have a different ego.

3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

yea, i realise that. but really this is a time to be contained within the prison. we can't really be completely free in this life.

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

and my question is, which asshole told you that, and where does he live? :)

that's bullshit my friend. and the worst part is, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You believe with all your will that you can never be free of karma, so you never try to be free of karma, so you never become free of karma.

This is what I keep pointing at in these discussions with you . . . I'm trying to show you that the only reason you think this way is because you have arbitrarily chosen to believe a certain proposition, which is unfounded in any experiential data, and which, when adopted as a worldview, just generates experiential data that suggests it is correct.

It's like me tomorrow deciding to believe there are invisible teacups orbiting saturn. Anybody telling me "But there are no teacups orbiting saturn" just gets scoffed at because these teacups are invisible, right?

Well maybe it's an interesting experiment to try living for a while without your belief in invisible teacups, and see what data plain old fashioned Reality has for you, as opposed to Reality + Belief In Karma.

5. Desos

Desos Senior Member

haha. see its not exactly that i beleive that we can't be free of karma, but that we can't be free of karma of our own will. like karma will let you go whenever the hell it wants.

although i guess there are certain loopholes to this once you acheive a certain point in consciousness.

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

But don't you see how that ends up meaning the exact same thing? Tell me what the difference is between these two statements:

1) I can never be free of this prison

2) I can only be free of this prison when my guard wishes it

They are both disempowering and self-fulfilling prophecies, and that is the important point, not the *details* in how they do it.

7. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

No, I understand what your are getting at, but my question is, how can there be a 'seperate' reality, or even visions of past lives? They are still contained within 'reality' and are therefor not realities in and of themselves but are rather components of reality, itself.
    There is only one reality, but surely I agree that there are other components of reality that we can not so readily access. I guess Im just a tight ass when it comes to definition lol :tongue:
    Trust me I get what your saying, Ive had visions of what at the time felt like past lives as well on mushroom trips. However I have no actual reason to believe that was anything more than an imaginative vision fantasy which was more about learning from my personal flaws than viewing a legitimate spiritual heirarchy.
    But please dont take my opinion lightly, I was a firm believer in reincarnation for several years and this took much meditative effort to gain the inner strength to drop beliefs that have no basis in authentic reality 'in my experience'. I could very well have formed the wrong opinion, but its the same with the concept of a soul and my not accepting its existence, I've never touched anything that the mind can not conjure up, no matter how trascendental, and I dont make opinions without having direct experience.

8. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i guess maybe what i should have said is they were planes of existence? :p

the reason i use reality is because well 99% of the time it is what you would consider reality. but salvia is just so... extra-realital.

yea they could have been other lives, or it could just have been salvia showing me the impermenance of things(which was the main theme of the trip) i really don't know.

for about a week after this trip i really wasn't even sure if this was the real reality or not. i was just drifting along, confused. then i realised that it is real because we make it real, and it wouldn't be any more fake than anything else. we give power to reality to make it real.

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Well just think about it, there is reality, and there could have been nothing. Maybe there is both? But the physical reality is not eternal. I like to let that sink in as deep as possible sometimes when my desire to pray begins to wane.