interpretation advice

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Desos, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Desos

Desos Senior Member

so i was just listening to "What If" by armin van buuren on imagine, and it made me think about my first salvia trip. check out the lyrics.

so basically what happened was i was torn out of my body and then i flew up this pillar containing thousands of realities. the first reality was this life, and all of the other realities were mimics of this one. they seemed exactly the same but i could tell there were slight differences between them. these realities just slapped ontop of eachother, piling higher and higher. eventually i stopped flying up the pillar and somewhat returned to this reality. atleast i think so. it is kind of like i just entered into the reality where i was on the pillar at the time.

i never really fully understood this, and although it has given me vast insights into the nature of reality, i still just don't know what the fuck to make of it.

i beleive in reincarnation based on the karmic system, with 'enlightenment' being at the end of the cycle. could this have possibly been myself viewing thousands of my incarnations of this life?

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

What if it doesn't really mean anything and it's just the brain of a creature with a very developed thinking and imaginative mind out of control due to an altering of it's natural chemicals

3. Desos

Desos Senior Member

ive considered that, but lets just assume that it was me tuning into something. not just a hallucination.

4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

reincarnation misses the whole point of universal oneness imo

terence mckenna said it best

paraphrasing:

"I also laugh when people tell me 'oh my god terence, you won't believe what i found out last night! I was a barber in 14th century Florence!'. I mean I just sort of say 'Well yes, but you were a barber in 14th century everywhere . . . and you were a barber in 16th century everywhere . . . and you were a soldier in 14th century everywhere'"

this is why to me it completely misses the point

because it's not important whether or not the entity that is 'you' is being recycled; what is much more important is what IS the entity that is 'you' . . .and experiential data would suggest that 'you' are just everything, and everything is you.

don't you see how . . . closed-minded the idea of reincarnation is? i mean yay, you can come back as a rock or a king . . . ok? don't you see that you were born from the center of a star and will die impaled on the horns of a 12 headed beast the size of a quark?

the truth is much, much WILDER than mere 'reincarnation'

so try to interpret it without being beholden to any philosophy, whether reincarnation or greek orthodox catholicism, or utilitarianism. Just see it as it is.

5. Desos

Desos Senior Member

well you see i think that it is important if the entity that is me is being recycled. we fall victim to the illusion of disconnection because we can learn from that. think about it. if you were on a path and you reached the end what else is there to do but go back? and learn more about the path.

the universal truths are good to know and live by, but you can't discredit the truth of untruth. because it does exist.

6. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

when we die, our body dies. Our self dies. But the awareness underlaying this body is eternal. The awareness does not die. After you die, the awareness that is currently operating your body right now will continue to be aware of the human experience through the bodies of the next generation.

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You are the path

8. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

the heart is the path and the destination. i asked ayahuasca about path once, and she told me nothing else matters. there is nothing substancial which is final. nothing else to learn about that means anything more. only that we honor our own heart in every situation.
    as far as i can tell we are given pre-destined possibilities (vs. destiny) but thinking about these things is only a distraction.

9. Desos

Desos Senior Member

yes but you see, karma can only continue to operate through our current egos. karma is defined by our egos, and without our egos there is no karma. without our egos there is no way to tell where we are in our karma/destiny.

10. Desos

Desos Senior Member

yes, but some people perceive the false notion that they are not the path. thus this creates a distinction.

----

but anyway... what i am supposed to make of thousands of quasi-individual realities lapping ontop of eachother?

11. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I was showing how your worldview affects the way you frame the question, which affects which answers will work for you :)

But assuming your worldview, I think you've got a good interpretation. It could be a view of past/future/current lives. It could also be simply a guided tour of some arbitrary shard of reality, one which contains myriad things which are not connected in a directly causal sense as one might think but rather connected more in the way i am getting at, connected in the way that everything is connected.

12. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

life could be a mobius strip....

13. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

... one minute your onthe top

14. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

...the next your on the bottom

15. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

but no matter what it still continues forever

16. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

like this post, lol

17. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

all I need is some salvia cuttings to grow and i can supply all y'all with leaves!!:cheers2:

18. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

How can realities be contained within a structured object which is a product of a reality? Do you mean like, visions of points in time ascending? Which to me would imply a sort of universal memory. I dont doubt that these ancient memories can be accessed, but I fail to see how reincarnation is anything more than a whimsical philosophy conjured up as a code of behaviour, like eating the bread of Christ, or traveling to Mecca.
    Karmic disposition is defined by ego, but then again, what isnt? I dont believe Krsna ever considered karma to be a reward/repremand all-seeing eye, but rather a natural force and therefor pertains to (and is) the totality of our physical existence. Try meditating on karma as a network, rather than as a string of code, and you may see what Im getting at. So long as you breathe you can not escape karma, and according to the Bhagavad Gita, the threefold manifestation must be dissolved in order to attain oneness with God. Negative, Positive, and Neutral actions prohibit dissolving into Spirit. There is nothing to do but to be, and when you are not able to be anymore, your karmic binding will have been relinquished.

19. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Desos, see how the beast of Karma holds the soul like a prisoner? Half of it "Good", half of it "evil". You are saying "I choose good!", not realizing you are still choosing the prison.

[​IMG]

20. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

i got the same thing of salvia except it wasn't a pillar, reality was just flipping pages, each page was only slightly different, and i kept hearing "not the right reality" until i flipped to right page.

maybe it was only trying to show you how reality works. maybe next time you hit salvia you should try to travel through the pillar. everything is that could happen is happening all at once on top of each other, learn how to plug into different realities, become a shaman!