Internet Relationships...Does It Work?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Barbara Jones, Dec 31, 2004.

?

Would You have an Internet Relationship?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No!

34 vote(s)
    69.4%
  3. Not Sure!

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Do you have a few years too spare ?.

2. Trickster's Child

Trickster's Child Banned

I'm currently in my second relationship with someone I met online. The first one (when I was 17 and hadnt really had a proper girlfriend before, yea I was a late starter) ended rather badly and I swore I'd never do it again, but I'm now with the most wonderful young woman I've ever met who lives in Canada. We first met on IRC when we were 15 (i'm 21 at the moment and she will be in september) and have been good friends since then, but around christmas something just clicked. She came over for a week at easter so we could work out if what we were feeling was real and it is :) I'm going over there to spend a fortnight with her in september and be there for her birthday :)

3. Adeela

Adeela Member

worked for me. I met my husband three years ago in a chat room.

4. dazydaze

dazydaze Member

I Met Him Online, But Its Kinda Strange Because We Share The Same Group Of Friends But Our Paths Just Never Crossed I Guess Timing Was Not Right He Was Married And I Was With Someone Else, And Now 5 Months I Think I Am Falling In Love With Him:)

5. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

LOL!! Reminds me of the same kind of dh you meet out that asks for your phone number in the first few sentences!! pfft~ I don't even know if I want to have a conversation yet let alone give out my personal info ffs!!

6. sweetfaery

sweetfaery Member

i also my boyfriend on hipforums a little over two years ago but we just happened to live litterly on the same hwy-i had past his neighboorhood hundreds of times and he was even took gym with my older brother in middle school they would have graduated together if they both didnt move,however they never even really knew each other tell we started dating are sisters also knew each other and if that wasnt enough-his sister taught at the same preschool that my cousin's mother inlaw taught at! oh and i guess its also interesting that my uncle and his mom both attended auburn at the same time so our familys sorta new each other we just didnt! but now we live together and are in a very loving relationship we also had lots of things in common and were very attracted to each other so internet relationships can work just like 'normal ones'-dr.phil even did an episode on it and kinda promoted one of the sites. i do feel a little silly about telling people how me cuz everyone is always so judgemental and negative about it -my parents dont even know the real story :& but i guess ill tell evnetuall i will also say that it took me a couple of guys,including another one from this site,and one i was poorly set up to find the 'perfect one !';) :D amy