internet love

Discussion in 'True Love' started by la Principessa, Aug 15, 2009.

1. davidjhonson

davidjhonson Guest

Internet love is now a very popular solution/alternative in finding partners.

2. TooTrue

TooTrue Member

There are so many fake profiles online, in sites like this. And I've heard the internet dating sites have a lot of scammers. What's wrong with meeting people the old fashioned way in a kickin bar!! Ha!!

3. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I think that occurs less than society is telling us it occurs. Sure, one is a case of cat-fishing or false identity, but it's out of a bunch that aren't like that.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nothing, so why are you here and not out at one meeting them?

5. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

I have a love hate relationship with the internet. On the one hand it makes things easier but on the other hand is a casio

6. Moonglow181

What is a casio?

7. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Its a beautiful love poetry

8. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

People can go on social networking sites like this one and not want to form relationships. It happens.

9. Moonglow181

I know that....did I say any differently?

You are too funny, Deranged......:)

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Havent seen the OP, la princepessa around in a while

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

its just another way of meeting people...of course it is bound by the same outcomes as meeting people at the library or the café or the bar or by introduction

some work out and some don't...I would hazard a guess that it is statistically close to meeting people offline

I totally fell in love online.......not working out had nothing to do with the internet...it ddnt work because she was a bit young:)

or I was way old....combination of the 2:)

12. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Member

Oh, it works alright.

Whether it goes the distance - much like any relationship - depends on the two people in it & what they want out of it all.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so many things.

14. asellus

asellus Guest

I agree. The best one is not to met girl from different strange FREE dating sites. My brother was betrayed on one of them, cos there are lots of scammers on such sites. Girl he met tried to bigger for money. Since then I don't recommend to anybody use such sites. I know there are good free sites like pof datinadvice originclub.com but when you think about seriuos relationships it's better to pay I think. it's worth really

15. TooTrue

TooTrue Member

Because I was only kidding (kind of tongue in cheek- that's why I put 'Ha' at the end). I don't really think a bar is a place to look for dating mates at all. But now reading it back, I get your point, it doesn't sound like I was kidding-sorry about that.

16. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

I met my husband in a chat a long time ago. Maybe ten years. We were friendly a good while before I asked him out. Hahaha, I made plans to travel 2,000 miles to have a three-day date with him. A family emergency cancelled those plans, but later, he moved only 218 miles away.

He was delicate, and I was heartbroken, verging on jaded. I used to say we were broken in all the same places. We soothed each other. We love each other. We dated for two years before we married, and have been married for 6 years. But... we are getting divorced. We have not been able, as a couple to overcome some of his past trauma. He doesn't really work on it, and it was having an adverse affect on me I could no longer accept. I love him so much, but we are not growing, so I'm leaving. Well, that, and I'm pretty sure he is gay. It took six months, but he finally accepted that it is best that we divorce.

Which is good, because five months ago today, I met someone online who makes an impact on me like no one ever has before. This morning, he put me on the phone with his mother. I see where he gets his charm. She was so sweet and engaging, just like he is. She ran her mouth at a breakneck pace, just like he does. She made me feel so welcomed, even though I have never met her yet, and it made me love her more. Plus, when he goes home, he always says he's going to Mom and Dad's, so I was totally charmed by hearing him call her Mama, and call his father Dude. Hahaha. Not ready for a face to face with his folks, but I can't get enough of him, so I'm glad we'll get to see each other in two weeks from today.

17. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I lurk every now and then :)

I'm glad that one of my threads are still around.

1 person likes this.