internet love

Discussion in 'True Love' started by la Principessa, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

Sorry but love requires a physical presence.

But I can't help asking. Are you feeling unloved?

2. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

it is possible though for some people and it can end up being really sucky.

3. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

It's unfortunate that this post implies you aren't looking for both at the same time.

4. sexyartist

sexyartist Member

It does work out because my daughter and her husband met online through a game they played. They have been married for 14 years so yes it is a valid way to fall in love. Also I am in a relationship with a guy I met through a dating site and he is the love of my life and we plan on getting married.

5. nz male

nz male Senior Member

You can love what you see on some internet sites - some items you can buy, others (people) you just fantasise about being with sexually for one reason or another. Not always for looks either.

6. high anxiety

high anxiety Banned

Personally i don't communicate on internet with guys. Only real life.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you do know that there's guys here, and you just communicated with them.

8. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Funny how my first online relationship started right here on HF, lol. That one ended after a few months. I'm a bit surprised I never posted anything on this thread when I was in another online relationship three years ago. The girl and I broke up after a month, but we are still friends which is wonderful. The very first ex I'm actually still friends with to this day, lol.

Three years later, I'm finding myself once again in an online situation. Well, there was another situation which took place between the fall of 2011 and spring of the following year on another website, but it wasn't something I could call a "relationship" per se. Anyway, getting back to this year...I met her on a particular music-oriented website in March. We started talking, discovered that we seemed to click, and here we are type thing. We just became romantically involved with each other without making any effort, without either one of us asking the other to date, or anything like that. Our conversations can range from disgustingly cute to comical to intimate. It's very comfortable.

My past online relationships were pretty emotionally driven. And by that I mean bordering mental instability kind of emotionally driven. Not saying I didn't enjoying when things were going well, though. My first net-ex was one of a kind, and I hope she's out there still doing her thing and kicking ass today. My last net-ex is cool, we talk from time to time and we have many online mutual friends, too. But our relationship was pretty emotionally driven, and also somewhat supernaturally driven as well. Long story, so I won't get into it, lol. xD
    With my new girl, it's so smooth, so soothing, and so relaxing. If it's still emotionally driven, then it is so in a much softer, gentler manner that it just doesn't seem like it. It's nothing crazy in a sense that would make me lose control of the situation, but at the same time, we know our feelings go pretty deep. We communicate well, and make sure that the other feels comfortable with whatever we do online as a couple. It's very mutually satisfying, and I think it's been a very caring, gentle, warm "relationship" so far.

We have been taking things slowly, too. I think being patient and focusing on nurturing a relationship step-by-step is often a crucial thing to remember, and especially so online. For this reason we haven't made our situation into an "official relationship" just yet, but we both feel this is the right pace for us. And we're just very chill about the whole thing even though we can also be very, very passionate and affectionate toward each other, albeit online. Who knows what happens in the future? We might last really long, or we might not. But whatever happens, I have a pretty good feeling about this. :)

9. JKHolman

JKHolman Member

The endorsement of this concept is grossly irresponsible. People on the internet descend into deceit. I have a friend who literally lives on the internet and he admits that it is a deceitful world when it comes to any kind of personal relationship. Beware.

- JKHolman

10. JKHolman

JKHolman Member

Experiencing real life involves getting in the arena and taking chances. Like I alluded to earlier, my friend's 'real' world is the internet.

11. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

Met a girl through hipforums actually. Moved to be near her. Loved her. Cared for her. Then we slowly realized that I didn't 'do it' for her. After trying to make things work, she kept bringing other men into the house which made me very uncomfortable. I was working constantly and she wasn't working hardly at all as she couldn't find work. She cheated on me, we couldn't pay the bills and i ended it. I tried. Lord please know I tried so hard to make it work. I loved her. Really did. Without question. What made it harder was she was 1 of three girls to do so, and it came within millimeters of permanently damaging my sanity. She knew it too, i don't know if she's still around these forums and I don't give a shit.

My current girlfriend I met in person and have had my best dating results to date. By far. She loves me, would never cheat on me, and doesn't mind my loner melancholy nerd head.

This is my own personal testimony and shouldn't be used to influence your personal decision making. Bye.

12. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Some inter net love might work , but I got ruined by a couple of gender fakers on adult chat rooms . I read this book , it stated this was started by telagraph operators(1800s) ( male and female ) peforming a form of cyber sex in morris code . A few did get married .

13. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I support the idea of internet romance, at least as a way for sparking a relationship. For those of us who are introverted, it is much less intimidating to meet someone in the virtual world, where your physical behavior is not so harshly scrutinized. The internet allows one to relax and be oneself

That being said, you ought to meet (in person) sooner rather than later, as to rule out any phonies.

I've never met someone online, but I don't think it deserves it's negative reputation.

14. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

A friend of mine had an online girlfriend, he was in Texas and she was in California. The dated for almost a year and knew each others lives inside and out, habits, work schedules, etc.

He jumped on the first change to move back to California to be with her, when they finally met they spent almost everyday together and after 2-3 weeks the relationship was over.

To me it seemed they didn't have the same physical chemistry and they did with their online chemistry. He ended up meeting another girl online (in Texas) and moved back within the year. I don't how that story ended.

15. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

I met my husband in a chatroom more than seven years ago.

16. juicelover

juicelover Member

Found my partner on Match.com..she's a keeper!..Almost 2 years together..and going well for us both..:)

17. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Seven months later, and my so-far online girlfriend and I are still happy together. But she and I are planning on meeting for real at some point, and hopefully do what is known to us long-distance relationship people as "closing the distance" when the time is right.

There really is nothing wrong with meeting people on the internet, or developing and nurturing love/relationship with those you met via the said means. It doesn't automatically make one irresponsible or deceitful, nor does it mean a relationship born this way isn't "real". The internet is what we make it; the cyberworld consists of all of us. WE are real people, and it's just that, like the offline world, some people come online with bad intentions. That is nothing new because it happens outside the internet as well. One just needs to know how to dodge questionable advances by those who deceive. Communication and use of devices such as webcams are very helpful in determining whether or not who you're interacting with is genuine. But then that's basically how you get to know someone outside the internet too, with the use of webcam being replaced by face-to-face interaction.

So, as long as one isn't having some love affair with a fictitious character from some sort of game or something, then I say it's all real.

18. Joshoa

Joshoa Member

I know several couples that met online in Second Life, later hooked up in real life and got married. It can happen.

But I know far more people that hooked up in Second Life, partnered there and broke up several months later. Still the same can be said of most people who meet up in real life.

19. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I see online mating the same as real life mating.

20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Internet only? No it isn't the same as a real life, real time relationship.
    Distance when they have been physically together? It can work. Takes a lot of work, and flexibility.