internet love

Discussion in 'True Love' started by la Principessa, Aug 15, 2009.

1. GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me.:2thumbsup:

2. Ivory62

Ivory62 Senior Member

I tried this. It didn't work. Maybe my skunk was the wrong colour?

3. sbasic2

sbasic2 Member

Try with iguana. :)

4. celebrating

celebrating Member

I know a very smart girl, who met someone in mexico. She talked to me days before travelling, and was quite happy to do so. Today they are married.
    So, sometimes it does work for some people.

5. sbasic2

sbasic2 Member

One of my best friends met his gf online. They've played same game ( I don't know which one), started chatting, emailing, SMS-ing, one thing led to another and now they are in a 3 year long relationship. She is in US (east coast) and he is in Europe. He's planning to go overseas and stay on the otherside for good.

6. pixiequeen79

pixiequeen79 Member

yes i married soldier who i met on the internet :love: x 7 years this year been together married since 14th feb 2012 x

7. celebrating

celebrating Member

Valentine's Day !

8. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

We met on Plentyoffish.com

Valentines is a cool wedding day!
    We got married on Cinco De Mayo (May 5th)

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

probably have to reserve the church/reception hall at least 2 years in advance.

10. pixiequeen79

pixiequeen79 Member

No because valentines day last year was a tuesday so wasnt too busy we booked a couple of months before :2thumbsup:

11. Retrospective

Retrospective Banned

I met my husband of 52 years in an arranged internet marriage.

12. odonII

odonII O

Good point there, bro :D

13. MrSpankHappy

MrSpankHappy Member

I do think it is possible... and for it to work out it needs to be worked on by both parties.. It can work.. just like any other relationship, the key to it is communication.

14. marquis_de_odde

marquis_de_odde Member

I had to reply to this because I am currently head over heels with someone I met online. I have unsuccessfully dated guys online before but I think with me the problem was that I wasn't being honest about what I was actually looking for. There's a strange stigma attached to online dating, over the last few months I've discovered two of my friends in very happy relationships started on the same dating site. Of course there are lots of people full of it on the sites and when you meet up you have to be smart about it. I think you can learn a lot about someone in a shorter period of time when talking that way if you're both being honest. Give it a go and see where it leads you :)

15. meditation24h24

meditation24h24 Member

i met a girl online we spoke about 20 hours on the phone and we said a lot of love things and now 2 week almost 3 since we didnt talk on the phone so i bet love online is bullshit right now im sad because of that so i wont met anyone online in future! peace jérémie

16. aceouses

aceouses Banned

I met my boyfriend online and moved like 850 miles to live with him. I do love him, but like any relationship he irritates the fuck out of me sometimes

17. lxd

lxd Member

everything floes has said. :) we met on potspace, and started talking, and couldn't stop. we've been through ups and downs while being apart, but we learned how to work with each other, we learned how to love each other, we learned what it takes to be with each other, we learned how much we mean to each other. internet love is silly, but it does work. i could never have imagined myself to be happier. when i first came across floes profile, i was in awe, i was so amazed. i told myself i wanted a boy just like this, exactly like him. he was pure perfection. and we started talking, and i couldn't have been happier. and we just clicked if off, and really got into each others minds and hearts. now we're together, and everyday is new, everyday we re-fall in love with each other. everyday we complete each other, and make each other smile. its like love at first sight every morning with him. and i am so grateful for the silly internet, and the ability to meet and know people from all over the lands. its truly a wonderful experience. :)

18. mangochick

mangochick Member

In my experience guys i meet online are more likely to think of me as a sex object. So meeting up is good if I'm looking for crazy wild fucking, but not for love.

19. I'mprettygoodatsex

I'mprettygoodatsex Guest

Says you, my relationship and the relationships of at least 10 people I'm friends with off the top of my head started on the internet. One couple in particular started their relationship a solid 5,000 miles apart and over 4 years ago, and they're still going strong.

It is massively difficult to pull off, but if you're willing to wait until you can live with your SO permanently and in the mean time do lengthy visits several times a year, internet relationships can and do work out.

20. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

How is that any different than meeting guys in real life?