International Relations ??

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by tink, Aug 15, 2005.

1. tink

tink Member

Is this anyones major? If so what is it like, and what school do you attend?

2. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

It will be my major. Err.. 2nd major, after Latin American Studies.

It's getting to be the new popular major for schools to focus on, which is cool because it's so gosh darn interesting. But yeah.. I'm hoping to go to Brandeis to major in it. If not there, then Tufts (which has probably the best IR graduate school in the country), NYU, Colgate, Vassar, or Dickinson.

It's one of those everything inclusive majors where it crosses all lines and touches on culture, politics, economy, languages, history, art, etc. Normally, schools require that you pick either a geographic or theoretical (like politics, economy) focus, but not all.

3. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I took an international relations class. It was at a small community college, but I had the most brilliant professor. She took us into Dearborn, Michigan, to do a culture study of Arab-Americans...Dearborn has the largest population of Muslims in the US. It was a HUGE culture shock.

4. shaba

shaba Grand Inquisitor

Wow I never knew that! Thank's for being the person to help me say, "that I actually learned something today".