Interesting yet disturbing thought

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by jalapenokush, May 20, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

and i take it all back- for some people it's NOT easy to get pregnant.. if two ppl try for years and years before they have luck... then yes, it was hard.

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

It better be hard or else it's impossible to get pregnant.

3. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hello,

them? I mean who does all the hard work? It's easy to lay on your back for three minutes and meditate about the ceiling paint, while he does all the work ;).

Regards
    Gyro

4. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

How is it a blessing? If an apple falls from the tree is it also a blessing? It is just how things work.

Because this actually takes an effort.

I agree being parent is hard, but why do you congratulate before one becomes parent? What if he/she will be shitty parent? One should congratulate parents when they kid is over 18 and if they raised him well.

Then they are the ones you should congratulate.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah, I mean it took me and my husband 5 years of trying and all kinds of crazy stuff to get pregnant so anyways... I do see my son as a blessing. And you ask WHY I see a child about to be born as a blessing? Are you serious? Because it's a human being that you are responsible for loving and teaching and showing the world who is totally dependent on you... yes, children and having children and all that is a part of nature. But nature is actually quite miraculous sometimes if you think about it.

6. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Actually yes, I have never understood that.
    I do understend mother's joy of having a children, though. Or it being a blessing from mother's point of view.

But being objective it isn't that special at all.

Though often mothers don't do that properly or enough and later in life their children are wondering why did they have to be born and go through all this pain.

But yes, people always assume the most optimistic outcome.

Anything is miraculous when you don't understand it completly. Then it just is.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Well, see, I see it from a mother's prospective. Someone who still is shocked that I got to be lucky enough to be a mother ....soo.. a blessing. :)
    And yes, a lot of bad parents out there. I take it very seriously to be the best mommy I can be. It's terrifying to think about fucking up another, innocent, susceptible life.