interesting story

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by sheeprooter, Oct 7, 2004.

1. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

heres a favorite story from my dad

My dad was in college, so I guess it was around 1969 or so. His roomate, steve, decided one night to try acid for the first time. bad idea. he completely flipped out, believing the whole night that he was on a stretcher being pushed through hospital hallways. the next day he left school, dropped out, and eventually wound up in a mental institution, and no one ever heard from him. until...

my mom and dad are visiting providence, RI. the year is probably around 1982. they hale a cab, and the driver is steve! they are all pretty amazed. steve spends the night driving them around town, showing them the city's sites, then lets them stay in his home-a hippie commune consisting of about 8 women and one other guy. the other guy-Rico-had a whole attic full of his paintings. mostly religiously themed, peace and love sort of paintings. the man had unbelievable talent. so my parents said goodbye the next day and never heard about steve again. until...

the year is now 2000. me and my dad had just moved my sister into her NYU dorm for her first year of college. the dorm overlooks washington square, so we took a stroll around there. we pass an artist, and my dad freezes. not recognizing the artist, but the art. after a brief questioning, my dad realizes that this is rico. both of them were pretty amused, to say the least. then rico pulls out a painting of my dad's old roomate, steve, who had died several years ealier from cancer.

what do you think of this?

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

aaww... it's sad that he died... I love coincidences, though. :)

3. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

by the way...

here is rico's website. check out the posters. iv got one on my wall called "forever rock and roll". i dont think you can tell how detailed it is from the website, but let me know what you think of it and his other work

http://www.universalartprints.com/

4. HappyHaHaGirl

Those are cool.... are they collages, or did he paint them that way?

5. sheeprooter

sheeprooter Member

im guessing he painted them that way

6. HappyHaHaGirl

awesome. I'd love to see them up close.

7. kilted2000

kilted2000 Member

Freaky story+Great art=you be the judge