Insurance company rules against going barefoot, I don't think they exist

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Jan 15, 2019.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

The Barefoot Injuries section contains those cases in which the injured person was barefoot, even if the bare feet may have had little to do with the injury. This list is pretty much a complete list of barefoot injury cases. Most barefoot injuries are either outdoors, or indoors at a pool or locker room.

The link is that purple type of course. This should be its own topic. And now it is.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

ther's a healthcode isn't therre?

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I am thinking about this under the assumption that insurance companies did have some rule requiring shop keepers to chase barefoot costumers out of the store.

I think mathematically its a very bad bet enforcing a no bare feet rule. Only the smallest in chance in millions they are going to get hurt and somehow get your rates raised but a good chance they are never shopping in your store again.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

You have been around this forum long enough to know there is no health code but yes busting the health code myth early is a good addition to the thread

[​IMG]

Read more > Health Codes: What are the Laws? – Barefoot is Legal

5. soulcompromise

A barefoot library patron sued the Columbus Metropolitan Library, claiming the library violated his free speech rights when it told him to leave or put on shoes. The patron is a member of the Society for Barefoot Living and said he has been barefoot nearly continuously since mid-1997.

On January 26, the Ohio Tenth Appellate District upheld a decision in favor of the library.

Motions and briefs in the case are at ahcuah.com.

2006-Ohio-287

Robert A. NEINAST, Plaintiff-Appellant,
    v.
    Board of Trustees of the Columbus Metropolitan Library et al., Defendants-Appellees.

No. 05AP-668

In the Court of Appeals of Ohio Tenth Appellate District

Appeal from the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas.

January 26, 2006

6. soulcompromise

EDIT: This post has been revised.

I don't wish to offend you, or your barefoot friends. BTW, what's the lamest thing you've stepped on barefoot? :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

And this post was lame and deleted.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  8. soulcompromise

I searched and searched and you're right - all there is to know about shoes and feet is to be found on the first few pages of google which are monopolized by barefoot enthusiasts.

9. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

"But I digress, what I'm trying to get at is that the hot coffee case, which is constantly used as an example of America's apparent addiction to frivolous lawsuits, was neither frivolous nor representative of any growing legal trend. According to the most recent data, only 10% of injured Americans ever file a claim for compensation and only 2% file lawsuits. America's 'litigious society' is a myth | Sadhbh Walshe"

2%, So like I said mathematically it is a bad bet to chase a barefoot costumer out of a store.

10. soulcompromise

I don't think it's bad to refuse service to someone who doesn't wear shoes, but... I did revise my earlier post about shoes and service.

11. soulcompromise

I guess my position as shopowner would be if you injure your feet on some piece of glass, or that broken piece of tile on aisle four... that you're then going to turn around and say that I'm liable. To alleviate that, I might lean on the insurance language: that I'm not covered in the event of such an accident if I'm not requiring you to be properly clothed. In a work environment this is even more relevant. You can't work without shoes on because it is unsafe.

These are common sense I think, but like I said.... no law that I can find. All I find are barefoot sites. :) Happy trails

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The Only 2 Or 3 Times A Business Owner Has Said Anything I Reply.......I Understand

How you Feel That I May Hurt Myself......BUT..." I Take Responsability For My Own Actions".....

No Further Problems.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

It really is very rare anyone says anything, that guy in that one convenience store is known for being rude and even got himself bad reviews, the tourists are all about their trip adviser but who reviews a gas station convenience store ? Not over the barefoot issue but people did.

The majority of stores are nice and sometimes comment where are your shoes ? And I always use the same joke that I stepped in an awful pile of dog poo earlier and they were impossible to clean, ruined forever, poo on the side and all in the treads so I took them off and threw them out.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if the insurance companies have a rule against barefoot shopping, they really don't care if someone never shops in your store again. they don't give a shit about your profits, except for the fact that you need to make enough money to keep paying them.

in my experience, insurance company rules are not necessarily based on real life, so the fact that barefoot shopping is not statistically dangerous does not necessarily mean that the insurance company will be ok with it.

Terry B likes this.
  15. Terry B

Terry B Life is wonderful

I have gone barefoot my entire life. When I am barefoot in public I carry a pair of sandals with me. If I walk into a private business and they require footware I slip my sandals on. The important thing to remember these are private businesses. These business owners can choose which rules they want to have. Business owners should not have to justify their rule set as long as it in compliance with federal and state laws.

There is a Facebook group called Barefoot is Legal. The only problem I see with them is they are very pushy and rude when they interact with private business.

When we owned our business I and some of my employees were barefoot all day. Our customers would shop barefoot and were welcome to do so. We did have a costumer give me and the young lady who was in the store a hard time about being barefoot. The customer said being barefoot was unsanitary and we were spreading diseases to our customers. I told her shoes were not required in our store. She stormed out and never returned.

In my opinion if a business has a requirement for clothing and shoes then we should respect them.

Just my opinion.

Tags: