~ Instant Karma ~

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Krsna Bhakti, May 23, 2007.

1. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

I posted this in the Hindu forum, but I thought I would share with you guys because I learned an invaluable lesson on correcting my occaisional misguided behavior. Thank God my life was spared :)

Yesterday, I did something, well I am ashamed of it and I dont want to say what I did because it is embarassing. It was something I could have avoided, but it was a neccesity and I simply went about doing something I had to do, the wrong way, if that makes any sense.
    ANYWAY, so I was at home, and I put my son to sleep and I was reading in my bed. I didnt say any mantra before going to sleep, and I was afraid to think of Krnsa because of what I had done that day. I wish now that I would have acted differantly.
    So I fell asleep while I was reading, and I had some bizarre dreams about my sons mom, very weird dreams really. And then I woke up to the sound of sirens outside, the kind of sirens that go off when someone is shot on the street. They always wake me up because they are so close and so loud and I am left sitting there with a very strange sensation, because even though its near center city, its always dead quite, other then the sound of the sirens.
    So, this morning, about 5am, I couldnt fall back asleep, and I decided to have a cigarette in bed! haha.
    I must have fallen asleep while smoking it, and I woke up at 6:30 and my bed and my bookshelve that I keep my cell phone on and my lamp and my books, were entirley in flames.
    The fire was burning my stomach and I couldnt breathe, that must be what woke me up. I went into the bathrooms and grabbed this bucket, filled it with water, and I was able to put all the fire out myself before anyone noticed and called the fire company. And when I looked down, my bed and blankets were destroyed, my carpet, some of my clothes, and all of my new and old books had been completley burned, but the thing that stuck me as odd, was that my copy of the Bhagavad Gita, though it was directly next to my bed on the floor, where I had left it the night before, was not even touched by the fire.
    I know that Krsna was showing me negative karmic effects from mt behaviour yesterday, but by His wonderful mercy I was able to wake up in time to put the fire out and keep my son safe. Hare Krsna! I've never felt so alive as I do at this moment [​IMG]

2. Biida

Biida Member

That's a lovely story. Thank you for sharing your lessons and the joy you've found in your faith :) I'm glad neither you nor your son were injured, and hope you're more careful next time.

3. Krsna Bhakti

Thank you Biida!! I was a bit embarassed to share this story with everyone, but I figure we can all learn from each other :) Hare Krsna

4. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

thanks for sharing the story. glad everything turned out o.k. with the fire

5. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

Glad you guys are ok man, to bad about your books.

6. Krsna Bhakti

Thanks you guys. Yea all that matters is my sons safety, I dont really care about my stuff, I didnt have much to begin with and I dont want material things anyway :)

7. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

burn it!

8. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

Wow, it's crazy how connected everything is, yanno? Instant chain reaction. I'm really glad to here that you and your son are safe though.

9. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Sums up what I was thinking.

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Yea.. I've had instant Karma.. and I'm waiting for more to come... but I took something from an "evil place".. ya know that place that starts with a W and rhymes with Art.. but the next day the damn thing broke.. fuck! so yea... but i wonder sometimes if its really a bad thing to steal from a bad place

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

Good thing your son is ok.. and you as well

12. vactom

Fuck Walmart, man.

13. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Karma is no joke. Whenever ive stolen ANYTHING ive always noticed that it didnt take a while for me to lose, or break whatever i have stolen. I wouldnt be so sure of karma if it didnt fuck me over every single time, so ive learned that simply love and kindness is the way to expirience real happyness and a life where you dont have to always worry about bad things to happen. Sure shit happens, but yall know where im coming from.

14. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Oh ya, and just if everyone knew the saying "you get what you give" and actually acknowledged it then the world would be a much better place.

15. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

i agree, smokindude!

16. 420everyday

420everyday Member

I'm glad yourself & son is ok. Personal items is replacable, lifes are not. Try not to smoke while laying down getting ready to fall a sleep. I used to do that, had to stop because I burned up 3 good blankets and feared I could easily burn my house down & jepordize my childrens life.

17. Krsna Bhakti

Yea, Ive burned up a couple of blankets myself, especially when I was using Morphine on a daily basis ;)
    You know what this thread title just reminded me of? That Yes song : I've seen all good people turn their heads each day...... lol :tongue: man, Steve Howe is my favorite :)

18. vactom

Haha, you know that song was about chess? I was listening to a Yes interview on Howard101 (Sirius) and were so puzzled about the cryptic lyrics. But Steve Howe came on and explained that it was just about the game chess and it had no hidden meaning. But then again, didn't Paul McCartney say that Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds was about his daughter? LOL. Those damn mucisians, I can't tell when they are trying to make the media have a field day, being sarcastic, or being truthful -_- Damn them! Damn them all to hell!

19. Krsna Bhakti

"Dont surround yourself with yourself, move on back two squares/ Just remember that the goal is for us all to capture all we are" :)

20. vactom

"Take a straight and stronger course to the corner of your life. Make the white queen run so fast".:) Good stuff.