Inspiring quotes from hinduism and other sources

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by half a hippie, Aug 22, 2005.

1. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

All desires are but beads of glass. Love of God increases every moment and is ever new, to be known only by feeling it. Love is the easiest of all, it waits for no logic, it is natural. We need no demonstration, no proof. Reasoning is limiting something by our own minds. We throw a net and catch something, and then say that we have demonstrated it, but never, never can we catch God in a net.- Swami Vivekanandaji

2. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Dear Nicole,

It's a gem of a quote, thank you.

Love,
    kumar.

3. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

sā tv asmin parama-prema-rūpā: Devotion is of the form of total love for God.

......Narada Bhakti Sutra

(As quoted by Bhaskar in Let's Talk About Love thread.)

4. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Others boast of their love for God. My boast is that I did not love God; it was He who loved me and sought me out and forced me to belong to Him.~Sri Aurobindo

5. SvgGrdnBeauty

All is change in the world of the sense, But changeless is the supreme Lord of Love. Meditate on him, be absorbed in him, Wake up from this dream of separateness. Fire is not seen until one firestick rubs Against another, though fire is still there, Hidden in the firestick. So does the Lord Remain hidden in the body until He is revealed through the mystic mantram.
    Shvetashvatara Upanishad

6. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

"God has always shewn such mercy in the paths by which he has led me; he makes me want something badly, and then he proceeds to give it to me - that is why the bitterest cup he puts to my lips always tastes delicious."

............Saint Therese of Lisieux

7. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

" I sometimes think a Mighty Lover
    Takes every burning kiss we give ;
    His Lights are those that round us hover
    For Him alone our lives we live ! "

........ George Russel.

8. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

" I just do what children have to do before they have learnt to read ; I tell God what I want quite simply, without any splendid turns of phrase, and somehow he always manages to understand me. For me, prayer means launching out of the heart towards God; it means lifting up one's eyes, quite simply, to heaven, a cry of grateful love, from the crest of joy or the trough of despair; it's a vast, supernatural force which opens out my heart, and binds me close to Jesus. "

.................. Saint Therese of Lisieux.

9. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

Mira Bai sings :

" From birth to birth, Lord, I'm thine own ;
    I thirst to be havened at thy feet alone. "

10. SvgGrdnBeauty

"I know well, joy is not in the things which surround us; it dwells in the innermost soul."- Saint Therese of Lisieux.

11. ditmog

ditmog abhaya-namaste

"Just as a door is opened with a key, similarly the yogi opens the the door to liberation with kundalini."

-this quote is found in the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradipika of Yogi Svatmaramaji
    Verse 105 of Chapter 3

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

"It is enough to realize one's nothingness and give oneself wholly, like a child, into the arms of our good God."

Saint Therese of Lisieux.

13. BlackBillBlake

Pray inwardly, even if you do not enjoy it. It does good, though you feel nothing. Yes, even though you think you are doing nothing.

Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance. It is laying hold of His willingness. This is our Lord's will, ... that our prayer and our trust be, alike, large. For if we do not trust as much as we pray, we fail in full worship to our Lord in our prayer; and also we hinder and hurt ourselves. The reason is that we do not know truly that our Lord is the ground from which our prayer springeth; nor do we know that it is given us by his grace and his love. If we knew this, it would make us trust to have of our Lord's gifts all that we desire. For I am sure that no man asketh mercy and grace with sincerity, without mercy and grace being given to him first.

- Julian of Norwich

14. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Very nice quote, thanks.

15. BlackBillBlake

16. BlackBillBlake

'Without love, deeds, even the most brilliant, count as nothing'

St.Therese.

17. BlackBillBlake

For here we are so blind and foolish that we never seek God until he, of his goodness, shows himself to us. It is when we do see something of him by his grace that we are stirred by that same grace to seek him, and with earnest longing to see still more of his blessedness. So I saw him and sought him; I had him and wanted him. It seems to me that this is and should be an experience common to us all.

Julian Of Norwich.

18. BlackBillBlake

"God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true. The important thing is to reach the roof. You can reach it by stone stairs or by wooden stairs or by bamboo steps or by a rope. You can also climb up by a bamboo pole."

Sri Ramakrishna.

19. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Jai Sri Ramakrishna!

20. BlackBillBlake

"I do not fear satan half so much as I fear those who fear him"

Saint Teresa of Avila.