insomnism

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by rhasta.penguin, May 19, 2007.

1. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

do you find yourself finding it hard to sleep when you have not smoked weed in awhile?

although its only been a few days sober, i am already having a hard time sleeping. i think since i've smoked myself silly the past month or so, its sort of backlashing on me, and i cant put myself to rest.

2. cuimilt na gcos

cuimilt na gcos Member

Not too long ago I realized how much better I sleep when I smoke a half an hour or so before I sleep (not as restless, super deep sleep, quicker to fall asleep, and no waking up periodically throughout the night).. Though I can't say I've ever lost sleep over not smoking for a period of time. When that happens, I'll just keep dreaming about smoking, only to wake up mildly disappointed.

Go figure I'm not the only one experiencing insomnia, though, only for me it's 'cause I'm all hyped on addys. I'd bet you anything I'll be sleeping well in a little while after I go out for a smoke. :)

3. Pitros

Pitros Member

Sleeping pils , POP THEN UP!!!

4. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

i have insomnia and cannabis is the only thing i will use to help me go to sleep cuz i don't like taking pharmos even though everybody tells me to. i get about 2-5 hrs of sleep on a good night. without cannabis it's usually less than that.

5. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Smoke before sleep. Oooh smoke a bowl after taking Ambien. It's an Elementary trip, but it's worth it.

6. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

Yeah i dunno how to explain it- but sometimes i just literally can't get to sleep. Hasn't happened in a while, but every now and then i'll just be laying there in bed watching the hours go by in disbelief that i'm not yet asleep. It used to be a minor problem, and i even looked in to exercises which can yield faster sleep- mostly breathing exercises and "full body relaxation" (these techniques really do work). But now i'm pretty good- although i have to admit, i really love to take a hit or two of some weed and then just straight snuggle with my stuffed animals and get some damn good sleep every now and then.

7. hippy i am

Stuffed animals. Aww. That made my day. Smiles.

8. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Yea weed helps me sleep man, but when I am out recently I pop about 2-6 painkillers and it puts me to sleep.

9. Strummit

Strummit Member

It helps, but I can usually fall asleep regaurdless. Seriously, any type of music does just as well. I can fall asleep blasting death metal through my headphones.

10. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

^Yea well I listen to music all the time while trying to go to sleep.

11. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

When my girlfriend went on probation, she didn't get a good night sleep for atleast a month until her body adapted to not smoking. Even now, if she doesn't smoke before bed she tosses and turns and kicks and steals all the blankets and can't sleep the whole night.

12. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Im not sure Ambien should be considered "elementary" at all. I think its extremely dangerous. Ive got some nasty stories about that shit.

13. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

i have no trouble sleeping when not smoking herb, unless there is too much on my mind.

14. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

No herb, no sleep. So when I go on my little break soon I'll be poppin the sleeping pills again. :(

15. hippy i am

I meant "elementary" in the sense that it's a poor-quality trip. If acid is number 10, Ambien is like 2 on the trip scale. That's what I meant.

16. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Not because I havnt smoked but yeah I get insomnia.

17. natural philosophy

by insomnia, what exactly do you define as insomnia? how many hours a week do you sleep when you have it?

i've lived with as little as 9 hours of sleep in a 5 or 6 day period, but on some weeks (it comes and goes by weeks and months... here 2 weeks, gone 2 weeks, etc.) i might get as much as 5 hours of sleep a night and i'm pretty happy with that. only maybe 3-5 times a month i will get a good 8 hours.

18. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

I average about 6 hours a night right now, and that's only after smoking a couple of bowls. Without weed or pills I get 0-2 hours of sleep a night...and usually not all at once. It's a bitch.

19. gratefulvegan

gratefulvegan Member

I would recommend having a cup or two of valerian root tea before sleeping (like 1 hr. before) you'll sleep like a cherub.

20. natural philosophy

i recommend a blunt an hour before bed time.