inner hippie i guess

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by akatsuki, May 31, 2004.

1. akatsuki

akatsuki Member

im not use of doing these things. but through the help of a friend ;) made me come to a conclusion that hi my name is jahmal and i am the hippie and proud of it. T_T excuse me im a little choke up. but when i realize it all the signs were there. my love of the earth and all it natural beauty, my disgust and let say hate for the americian goverment me being black goes without saying. and other things related. but i know this isn't any good as a intro but i hope is good enough to be seen as a hippie.

2. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

"Hippie" is just a label,you are who you are.If you attempt to live up to a label or a title then you are a plastic phoney.Be yourself,you will go alot further in life being yourself instead of living up to some preconceived notion of a label.
    Welcome to the forums anyway,enjoy yourself and hope you find what you are looking for.

3. akatsuki

akatsuki Member

i was joking man that what do to ease the mood for myself i mean thank you for welcoming but please the last thing i want to be is a phony.i may be alot things to alot of people but phony isn't one of them. i also understand that being a hippie is more than just smoking weed and protest against the government so please don't mistake me for a wannabe. but thanks for the post

4. fylthevoyd

Iwasn't saying you were a phoney.I was making a general statement,saying the people who are attempting to live up to a title or an image are phonies.They are the plastic wannabes.
    If you took offense to that statement,then maybe you need to re-evaluate your self worth.something to think about.

5. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Sheesh fylthevoyd Lighten up. He was fucking around.

What's up akatsuki. Welcome. I'm a newbie as well, signed up three weeks ago. This is a kick ass board, and I know you're going to love it as I do. Can I borrow twenty bucks? :p

Later, dude.

6. Hrt of a Hippie

Hrt of a Hippie Member

I think that I should stand up and say something here considering I was the friend that told Jahmal that he is really a hippie on the inside... You are both right in some respects and sometimes you are wrong... Hippie means a lot of things to a lot of different people. I'm not here to argue. Argueing is not what I do and is not what Jahmal does either. I don't exactly know where this problem began but Jahmal is one of the kindest most caring people I know. He shows wisdom and strength that are 2 things definite in "hippies."
    Also, if you aren't all about being labeled, why join a forum where people pride themselves on being hippies? Just didn't make sense to me.

7. fylthevoyd

Damn I make a general statement about a person doing an inner search of ones self,to evaluate their position in the overall scheme of the world,and I get reinforcements called in to attack my statement.What ever happened to respecting the knowledge that comes with age?I have lived the life you all are attempting to grow into.I did not set out to slam anybody with my original post,I was merely attempting to convince some body that their worth was more than a title.If the depth of that statement was misconstrued,then you diffinitely don't have a clue,and attempting to seek a "hippie" mentality is going to be a long hard road for you.Facts is facts and the truth hurts,deal with it.

8. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I thought I was being nice? I only asked for twenty bucks.

9. fylthevoyd

Hey dude that wasn't directed towards you(here's your twenty)haha!!
    Besides with a name such as terminal maddness,you are in my playing field since I live in a state of terminal madness 24/7.And I enjoy it.Later dude.

10. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Tweny Bucks! Yippee! Can I borrow twenty more?

11. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Welcome to the site! Aren't first impressions awesome? These folks are great at making you feel right at home. :rolleyes:

12. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Hey ha ha girl, can I borrow twenty bucks?

13. HappyHaHaGirl

I'll I've got is a 50... :(

14. fylthevoyd

Happy,all you have is a fifty.Madness has change,I just gave him twenty.

15. HappyHaHaGirl

But does he have a 10? I'm not getting screwed. I'm too German. I'll kill you.

16. fylthevoyd

That I can't tell you,and it looks like he has skipped with my twenty.He ain't coming back in his defense,so I don't know.

17. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

I'll pay you all back... someday.

18. fylthevoyd

Yeah yeah,I have heard that before madness.But I will trust you this go around,but just this once.
    Hey what happened to everybody I pissed off.Even though that wasn't my intention.
    I thought I was attempting to build some ones self esteem,by getting them to look at themselves.
    Oh well,what the fuck.