Ink falling out of tattoo?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Fednwell, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Fednwell

Fednwell Members

I got a tattoo Thursday, and now almost a week later it’s starting to peel. It’s not my first so I know the drill. But I’ve never had big pieces fall off like this and look like pink skin underneath. Does this look weird? I feel like when it heals it’s going to be totally noticeable. I’m wondering if it’s because of where it’s at on my foot (near the side)? Argh!!

Attached Files:

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

That does look strange,looks like it's drying out..

What are you dressing it with?

3. Fednwell

Fednwell Members

I used A&D for the first 2ish days, and then switched to just regular Lubriderm

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

Try some savlon.. or a mild moisture type anticeptic cream..
    If it peels, it should be ok.. but keep cling film on for a couple of days,
    Go back if after a couple of days it don't seem right, could be you were alergic to the ink.. they can redo, so don't worry.

Hope it goes well.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You're going to need to get that touched up.

Mine have done that but there were sores first.

Ink doesn't do well on me.

I didn't go for touch ups because I thought it would just make bad spots again.

6. Fednwell

Fednwell Members

Ugh. I was worried it’ll need touched up...I have several tattoos and this by far hurt the worst. I’m not excited about the idea of doing that again! I’ll probably see how it heals first and if I can live with it, I will.

7. Fednwell

Fednwell Members

It’s weird too, because the other side (that you can’t see as well in the pic) looks great!

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't understand it.

I only have 3 tats and they've all done this.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Their are a lot of parameters in a successful tattoo. too shallow and it will fade, while too deep into the dermis and the inks will bleed into each other. The golden rule is that you can add ink, but you cant take it away. Skin peeling will obviously be the colour of the artwork, but it is only a small fraction of the depth.

The following may explain it in a little more detail.

[​IMG]

Ink just put into the scaly layer would be replaced quickly and fade away. While ink into the epidermis will stay, The dermis makes for more ink and perhaps a more vivid image.

The depth of a tattoo needle is very important element in the tattooing process. If the needle goes too far into the skin, it can spread ink under the skin and this is known as bleeding. For tattoo beginner’s, it is vital to know what the proper depth is. You must first be familiar with the layers of skin and how far into the skin you need to go. There are seven layers of skin, but only two that matter when tattooing; the epidermis and the dermis. The epidermis is the outer layer of skin, and the dermis is the layer of skin the tattoo needle should be injected into.

1. Know how far to go. The tattoo needles need to go between 1 and 2 mm into the skin in order to reach the dermis. If you go any farther than that, it can cause unnecessary pain to the person receiving the tattoo.

2. Set your needle. A tattoo needle needs to stick out of the machine tube about 1 mm to 2 mm. These measurements will vary from person to person, as everyone’s body is different. Your needle and tube need to match.

3. Practice your depth. Before tattooing a person, it is recommended that you first test the depth of the needle on a piece of fruit. If the fruit becomes torn apart, you know your needle depth is too much. The same is true when tattooing a live person. If the needle depth is too much, there will be an excessive amount of blood coming back out of the holes the needle is making.
    If the purpose is outlining, the depth should be about 1.2mm. If the purpose is shading, the needle should be set at 2.5 mm. You should practice by taking the machine apart and put it back together again until you can set up easy. This will get you used to visually gauging the depth and getting a feel for the machine.

It is extremely important to thoroughly clean all tattoo equipment before and after each use. Never begin a tattoo without first checking the cleanliness of the equipment. It is better to use disposable equipment.

Nudegardner, BirdFlu and GLENGLEN like this.
  10. BirdFlu

BirdFlu resident alien

^^^^ are you a tattoo artist