Inheritance

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Cooper001, May 18, 2021.

1. Cooper001

Cooper001 Members

Would you let your spouse have full access to your inheritance of 1 million dollars. Or not. Especially if she has 3 married kids now with their own kids. Her kids are my step kids and they make a great living as is.

2. Cello Song

Cello Song Members

Absolutely. When I become compost, my better half gets everything the Law allows her to keep. The anklebiters will just have to wait.

3. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Most inheritance goes to the spouse unless the will dictates otherwise. That's what makes marriage important in regards to end of life situations. I can't comprehend why the OP would even ask if he loved his spouse as he should. How would she go on without having a nest egg to survive on unless she was solvent in her own right. All of our possessions have right of survivorship attached as well as a last will and testament for our estate. It's up to her to care for the estate we built together and if she want's to piss it away on the children or anything else I'm not coming out of the grave to stop her.