ingestion

Discussion in 'DMT' started by FLstoner214, Feb 3, 2007.

1. FLstoner214

FLstoner214 Member

how much mimosa hostillis bark do i need for a good trip?
    do i have to make it into a tea or can i just eat the bark?

2. INSANEPOOKIE

INSANEPOOKIE Prancing Dragon

You really should read up on what DMT is and does.

If you consume DMT through oral means you will vomit. This is based on everything I've read. Eating the bark itself will not produce the effects. You need a MAOI.

ORALLY AND PARENTERALLY ACTIVE PSYCHOTROPIC TRYPTAMINE DERIVATIVES
    Based on McKenna & Towers 1984

Monoamine oxidase (MAO) is the primary inactivation pathway of most tryptamines. Because of this, inhibitors of the MAO enzyme (MAOIs) can be used to potentiate the effects of tryptamines and to make DMT and 5-MeO-DMT orally active.

MAO inhibitors fall into two classes: Irreversible and reversible MAOIs. Irreversible MAOIs (e.g. the hydrazides iproniazid and phenelzine) bind permanently to the enzyme and cause MAO inhibition lasting 1-2 weeks after ingestion. They are used clinically to treat depression. Reversible MAOIs, such as moclobemide, which is used as an antidepressant, and the beta-carbolines harmine and harmaline, are effective for much shorter time, maybe up to 24 hours. Recreational drug users around the world are using mainly harmine and harmaline despite the lack of scientific studies on their effects on humans.

Natives of the Amazon have traditionally combined Banisteriopsis caapi vine, which contains harmine, harmaline and related beta-carbolines, with DMT-containing plants to make an orally active brew called ayahuasca. Other plants containing harmine and/or harmaline can be substituted for B. caapi. The usual 'North-American ayahuasca' consists of Peganum harmala seeds and Desmanthus illinoensis roots, and in Australian 'acaciahuasca' leaves of Acacia complanata are combined with material from DMT-containing acacias (the effectivity of this mixture hasn't been confirmed). MAOIs have also been used to potentiate the effects of mushrooms containing psilocybin.

How much?
    Example: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuasca/ayahuasca_info1.shtml

Mimosa hostilis from the Amazonian region via North American Entheogen supply. If pure root bark is used then 8 grams finely ground to a powder or stringy fiber is sufficient. If some of the root is mixed with the bark, then adjust the dosage to 12 grams. The magic is more concentrated in the root bark although the whole root does contain some.

Syrian rue. 3 grams finely powdered via grinder or mortar and pestle. The seeds are difficult to grind and much effort is needed. The finer the powder the better.

Distilled water treated with the juice of a lemon and 250 mg of crushed ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) is sufficient to produce an acidic aqueous solution.

It would appear the best way to take DMT is through smoking, though one of the few things that disgusts me in life, the smoking method removes the RETCHING. That is something, after trying LSA, is a VERY pleasing aspect to me.

3. FLstoner214

FLstoner214 Member

i know u need an MAOI and wat dmt is and does
    wat is a normal dose of Banisteriopsis Caapi?

4. ergotoxine

ergotoxine Member

I used 30g of b.caapi and 10g of powdered mimosa bark. I know it was the right dose from my source but don't do the same mistake as me- I didn't use lemon/lime juice and it didn't work, you need an acid for your body to absorb the DMT from the mimosa.

5. FLstoner214

FLstoner214 Member

ya can i get lemon/lime juice at walmart or somethin?

6. ergotoxine

ergotoxine Member

I meant lemon OR lime juice. Just squeeze the fresh fruit into your brew- adding a few crushed vitamin C tablets wouldn't hurt either.

7. Philo_1er

Philo_1er Member

The above posts explain that there is no normal dose of b.caapi. Just like different strains of mj have different concentrations of cannabinoids and different cacti have different ammounts of mescaline, different strains of b.caapi; even the same strains of b.caapi grown under different conditions will have different ammounts of alkaloid. I would suggest starting with a small dose and then going from there. There is no normal dose though.

8. ergotoxine

ergotoxine Member

What happens if you take too much b.caapi?
    when I took it didn't really notice much of an effect, it's just an MAOI.

9. Philo_1er

Philo_1er Member

Some MAOI's are slightly psychoactive in their own right. 3 g of syrian rue for instance will give you a decent buzz with a killer stomach ache, but little else. It's probably more important to titrate your DMT correctly.