infrastructure jobs not for the white male?? WTF?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hippiehillbilly, Jan 22, 2009.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

I wouldnt have believed it if i had not seen and heard it with my own eyes and ears..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4

So where does that leave people like zoomie and i? just shit outta luck??

good thing i have a old lady,i guess she will just have to go to work since the new jobs will not be intended for us "skilled white males"..

bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

2. zihger

zihger Senior Member

I’m not sure where you guys live but in the western U.S. building jobs have been over for white folks years ago..

I used to frame homes for years all over the west, it was mostly you average local tradesman working on all the homes.

Now all the sites are illegal Mexicans even the subcontractors they all speak only Spanish play mariachi music and work and bid jobs for less then you can live off of. Even big commercial construction illegal Mexicans.

They say they are doing jobs no one else will do, seems strange because 10 years ago it was all local tradesman doing those jobs.

So us folks that used to make a living off of that are doing other things or unemployed.

3. hippiehillbilly

im in the southeast..

i worked construction my whole life. i am one of those "skilled white males" and i am unemployed.. this PISSES ME OFF!!

those infrastructure jobs are pretty much the only hope most construction workers in this area have.
    there is no other field of work especially for someone with no formal education and now its being said they are not for us??

im not even going to comment on the illegals because at least in this part of the country they worked for the same wages as any legal worker and were used to fill the void that legal workers couldnt..

4. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

haha, I've been saying something like this would happen for years, it's finally happening WOW. Looks like I better not go into construction when I get outta school after all, well actually you, cause in about 10 years they'll be building monuments to this dirtbag obama, the statues they'll build for him will BRING plenty of jobs, i mean gosh he said it himself?! hahahaha.

5. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

oh geez...obviously he meant that they want to make sure that all the economic stimulus money doesn't end up in the pockets of the most priveleged as per usual. he didn't say white male construction workers would be completely excluded. calm down.

6. hippiehillbilly

he said "these jobs not simply go to high skilled white male construction workers. " seems to me that means everyone else gets hired first,whether qualified or not.

that is wrong,wrong,wrong!!!

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

they said that the jobs were going to those that have been unemployed as well as minorities and women. They did not say that there would be no jobs given to white skilled men. Its a matter of prioritizing putting people in jobs that don't have jobs....not just letting people make lateral moves.

8. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

meaning that they are not to simply go to high skilled white male construction workers....not that no white male construction workers will be employed. You are currently unemployed, you are included in the least....no worries amigo.

9. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

I did not view the video(my computer is running very slow now).However assuming this thing is true,it is beyond UNacceptable,and shows what a fucked up country the US has become.A sidenote to this all,Obama was NOT voted in because he is black,he was voted in "despite the fact of his color".It was a vote on the economy,and this is a bad start indeed.

10. hippiehillbilly

if thats the case then why were we singled out to make it clear the jobs were not just for us? do you know how many skilled construction workers are out of work? so any way it goes skilled white males will be passed over so that unskilled women and minorities will be given a opportunity..
    it means qualified white males wont get a job so others can.. its not fair!!!

if thats not the case why did he say we must make sure those groups are included? there have been EOE laws for years,so now those laws are going to be trumped??

11. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

First off I dont give a damn about any unemployed person as much as i do about making sure the roads and bridges are built right and made safe. Who the fuck cares if some out of work hot dog vender builds your bridge? I sure as fuck do I want an out of work trained builder working on things I am expected to cross over.

Sorry people but I watched that video over and over and it was talking directly about infrastructure jobs (Infrastructure can be defined as the basic physical and organizational structures needed for the operation of a society or enterprise [1]. The term typically refers to the technical structures that support a society, such as roads, water supply, power grids, telecommunications, and so forth.) and it specifies not letting those jobs go to trained white men so that leaves the very back bone of our nations roads, water, utilities and communication lines to go to untrained people of any color?

Imagine the bridge they build falls in, you try to call 911 but the communication lines they built fail, yes that is what we want.

12. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

let's go beat'em up:)

If indeed that is the true meaning, then it is not fair! Skill should be the first qualifier.

13. hippiehillbilly

that begs the question what about cost effectiveness??
    the overhead to train and supervise unskilled labor as well as the extra time involved due to the person doing the job being unskilled is a complete waste of our tax dollars..

14. depoisoned

depoisoned Member

WTF? Now is not the time to be experimenting. A tried and fairly true formula is: you hire construction workers and THEY spend money at stores which hire the unskilled. This does what, the reverse? Have the unskilled build the bridge, then spend their money at a store where the clerk is a skilled construction worker now working a register?

15. hippiehillbilly

the thing is,with my resume i couldnt get a job running a register,,...
    im "overqualified", i "have more valuable skills".. obviously not to the obama administration...

16. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Why hire some dumbass who may not be nearly as qaulified as someone else just because of skin color? THAT IS WRONG!

17. HawaiianEye

HawaiianEye Member

I am a business owner,and one of the things I look for is experience when hiring someone.---And when I hear things like this it is one of the reasons I sat out this election.--Whats next affirmative action for illegal aliens? If this is an example of things,I'd love for Hawaii to withdraw it's statehood.LOL.You guys can keep the mainland US.

18. hippiehillbilly

i happen to believe that to work construction it takes a certain mindset,not a color or sex.

that being said,i believe the minorities and females who desired to do construction work were already doing it before the bubble burst.

i dont believe that you can take someone who has worked retail all their life or in a factory making cardboard boxes etc and expect them to be able to hang with tying rebar or building forms 60 feet off the ground for 8 hours a day no matter how bad they need the money.

the bottom line to me is,the whole singling out of the white male skilled tradesman is a insult and to hire unskilled workers on the basis of color and gender is not only a insult but it will never work. its will be a disaster waiting to happen.

19. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

In other words, let's hire unskilled people who cannot do the job because, well, that's the beauty of reverse discrimination... I mean, "affirmative action."

So instead of hiring people based on their level of skill, they're going to hire them based on their skin color alone.

Wonderful world we're living in, aint it??

But that's tolleerraannccee, Bill. Don't speak out against it or you might be "racist." Otherwise, we might need to send you in for re-education. Please be a good little slave and don't exercise any opinions that are not authorized as politically correct.

20. hippiehillbilly

they may as well sign me up for reeducation,,not like i will have a job..