Informant Alert

Discussion in 'Protest' started by RevoMystic, Jan 3, 2005.

1. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

artful, you spoke loud and clearly, and I'm completely with ya on that.

2. soolee

soolee Member

It's called the eschelon network. At least back when the docs went public thanks to the freedom of information act, it was called eschelon. Anyhow, it exsists and it's scary. phone,fax,cell phones, computers, forums, emails, IMs you name it, they sift through it. The eschelon network isn't just in the US either, the UK co runs this thing. It's crazy what kind of technology they used back in the 80s to monitor all the electronic communication, can't even imagine what they use now.Also, the anarchists cookbook is crap.

3. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm not sure what you mean. My point is that informants (as posters and readers) are not a danger to those on this forum.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

"I suspect that someone here who goes by the name "whispers" is a federal informant working for a "joint anti-terror task force". Part of this job would include tracking and monitoring political dissidents (as throughout history) and stifleing their attempts. No one really knows what they are capable of, however it is wise to consider the possiblities that others may in fact be agents as well. "

wow this is potentially libelous.
    What do you base your hunch upon, Revo?

5. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

All internet activity is monitored by keyword searches which sift out text strings which might be of interest to the intelligence services. This is proven fact, there was an EU enquiry into the operation of "Echelon" at Menwith Hill, a US military base in Yorkshire responsible for listening in to private electronic and telephone communications throughout Europe.

As for forums, of course they are monitored, just like everything on the internet is. But would someone spend so much time building up a kind of online persona just to "infiltrate" a forum like this? It's possible, but unlikely... there are not likely to be teams of people sitting the Pentagon talking politics on internet forums just to "disrupt" them. If they had a specific target, a specific group, a specific event or activity that they wanted to infiltrate and monitor, then it's possible they would seek to build up such a persona in order to fit in. But I'd say that's not too likely on a generally peaceful and debate-orientated counter-culture site like this.

The right wing agitators and provocateurs we see here are, I'm afraid, probably just ignorant fools with as much free time on their hands as us enlightened fools...

6. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

showmet, all I can say is...I hope you're right. And if you were, that still wouldn't tack on much comfort, as the ACLU might argue lol.

Obviously paranoia does get the best of me at times (thanks for unwittingly adding to it, drumminmama!) I read very deeply into things, and sometimes too deeply, and the name "whispers" just seemed very shady to me for some reason...plus his glib and furious responses after I won a couple sub-arguments, etc. So yeah, I admit that I'm a paranoid freak that looks over my shoulder too often...but with the "Patriot Act"...(and knowing what took place in the 1960s) and now with what showmet discussed, paranoia to some degree is inevitable. So for the record, I apologize for jumping to unfounded conclusions.
    Drumminmama, I ask you to please not report me for libel law violations (lol), in all honesty, I'd be prosecuted for something I didn't even know the definition of. I've heard of the term but forget what it means. But I imagine it has something to do with slander. I believe I also stated in that particular post that "I could be wrong". Interesting how you didn't quote me on that.

Also, I write stories and scripts..so naturally I have an active imagination that runs wild and I have a tendency to put "2 and 2 together" sometimes when the 2 and 2 are illusory. But I still think that what I wrote could have possible merit in other situations, even if not in this particular case. Cointelpro of the 60s and 70s...from the civil rights pacifist movement to the American Indian movement, was downright malevolent. Hoover and his bastard cronies went to enormous lengths to stop the radical movements of the day. So based on this historically documented mountain of evidence, drumminmama, I ask you to forgive what I said. Yes, what you said hit a nerve.

oh, and um...where has whispers been? i haven't seen him comment on anything in awhile.

7. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

dude i do have a life ....you should try it sometime....i think it would help you.........alot

and next time twit do a search on someones posts before making comments...out of the almost 4000 posts i have less then 40 are in the protest forums....wow i am an awesome informant...lol

also whispers has to do with an old IM name i had when i talked to females.....not a secert code name:rolleyes:

lamo...you did not win any arguments and if you do not like the way i talk to you.......fuck off

the government does not need informants when there are people like you.... with your little witch hunts... your like a cancer that eats away a cause from the inside, you make it hard for people to trust one another ......way to go revo

[​IMG]

8. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

ya know whispers, no matter who you are...there's no doubt in your mind: you are a meanspirited piece of garbage. I feel bad for your family, especially your parents. If you were my kid, I'd deny it to anyone and everyone for having that nasty attitude.

At least I can admit when I'm wrong (assuming I am, that is...being that there's no imperical proof on here that you're not...regardless of how long you've been here--think about it, the anti-capitalist, aka anti-globalization movement, which is a global movement, put itself on the map in the U.S. just over 5 years ago). And I don't think my post served to "hurt" anything...if anything, it's a lesson for others to not be so impulsive when accusing someone of doing something illegal, and to know for a fact before mentioning it on a message board. I should have PM'd somebody to consult them. So again, I was wrong. I'm not convinced or unconvince about anything concerning right-leaning people in here. I mean, it seems a tad strange that all these neo-conservative thinkers would post regularly on a website derived from HIPPY.COM.

If I were you, whispers...you little joke, I'd hope that we never meet face to face. Spy or no spy, I don't think we'd get along.

9. airforcedrew

airforcedrew Banned

im a cop..... honestly though, I really am. The government could give a shit less what yall post on here. Half the people are full of shit anyways.

10. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Look I don't know the history to this...

But as moderator of UK Parties and Protests I will put my rep on the line to say whispers is not a fucking spy:p

Gees:rolleyes: What has got into us all???

I don't know what he has said to fuck you guys off but let's stop the witch hunt huh?

Peace guys

Love Clairexxx

11. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

thank you claire.......you are such a sweetie

12. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

Can I be a spy too please.......*giggle*

Whispers...Do we get a secret handshake and stuff :D

13. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

yep.....and a glow in the dark decoder ring

and the chicks are hot for spies...

14. Claire

Claire Senior Member

If I get hot chicks I am well into the whole spy thing too;)

15. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

Hot chicks and decoder rings rock!!!

Please tell me we get an underwater car.....

16. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Don't push it newbie spy boy:p

17. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

ok cool it frat boys...

moderator (if there still is one), please CLOSE this thread, it's grown obsolete.

18. Claire

Claire Senior Member

RevoMystic,

You can CLOSE down the threads that you start. You don't need a moderator to do it for you.

I don't like to see personal attacks on the forums so I agree that is it probably for the best.

Take it easy,

Love Clairexxx

19. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

giggle...

Never been called a frat boy before......

20. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

OH....claire.....your giving me naughty thoughts:eek: