Informant Alert

Discussion in 'Protest' started by RevoMystic, Jan 3, 2005.

1. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

your a MORON........and a sad one at that...you need to make this shit up so that you can feel that your worthless life has meaning........so whats it like when your life is a void and the only way to fill it is to make up fairy tales to make yourself look important among the hip forum members.

moron go crawl back into your closet .........we do not need anymore dip shits around here......you are so pathetic ....why the fuck would government care what a loser like you thinks anyways.....

2. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Oh, I've seen it. But things like that story of police infiltration (if they're true, which isn't a given...Michael Moore loses some credibility in my eyes because he frequently stretches the truth) are exceptions, not the rule. Generally speaking, the police in this country simply do not have the time to spy on regular people just for voicing their opinion.

3. element7

element7 Random fool

I don't know if this individual is an 'informant' or not but rest assured what RevoMystic speaks of in regards to 'provocateurs' and the methodologies used in this age of info do exist. As far as making attempts at dividing communication, yeh you bet your ass. The sphere of blogs and message boards gained a great deal of notoriety in the past couple of years as a force of rapid communication. I really don't think that the current psychos were as clueless as they let on. The information flow is one of their primary specialties. Happens in physical reality as well. Let loose a few undercover agitators at a peaceful demonstration etc....

I'm pretty sure you're right about not 'spying' on every individual or average joe. But, our govt spends a great deal of time gathering intelligence on it's own people. It makes simple sense that part of that would include monitoring internet activity, especially high traffic sites like this one.

4. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

whispers, you only have the balls to say that because you have a computer screen to hide behind. If we were face to face, I'm sure you'd be a smiling little dipshit, you waste of human tissue. you hate how intelligent I am...that's why you got so angry in your last post. you sad putrid un-american piece of garbage.

Element, wow, someone who can think.

5. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

kandahar, I give you credit that you're a decent person...but man, you should read a few books, because every single time you post something, most of what you say is just plain wrong. Every single time.

6. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

what a minute ....now i am a person? just a little while ago i was some secert agent.....spying on all of your secert activities that you are posting on an open forum.

......you intelligent that is such a laugh ....you are a coward, when someone disagrees with you what do you do.... you call them an informant.

if the government was watching you and fucking with your pathetic little brain....you would clearly have no idea, as you have shown us all here today.....you are sad little fuck.

but you have given me the biggest laugh in along time....thanks dude

7. misswhatnow

misswhatnow Member

good golly miss molly. someone in the american government covertly spying on one of its subjects. what's the world cumming to? it's been going on for thousands of years. as long as there are human beings there will be people who will do the dirty work of others and get compesated for it in some way.

live with or live with the atom bomb!

8. cobcottage

cobcottage Member

I'm sure there are informants posting here. It doesn't take all that much to become an informant. I sent homeland security an email once, so watch yourselves!!!!

9. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

well yeah, cuz he's god, didn't you know? :rolleyes:

10. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

well it's not good to threaten the president, that's for sure. It would be useless anyway, since the "president elect" is only a mouthpiece, a puppet if you will for the real bastards.

whispers, agents are people too right? (unless they're grown in labs lol) anyway, maybe yo'ure not (as I stated in the initial post). you're just an annoying little fuck who posts here too much. I wish you'd go away you stupid little maggot.

11. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

hey no need to be a cock sucker about it to me, i'm barely even involved in this thread.....what the hell did i say to give you the right to put that judgement on me? You're starting to sound like the one with half a brain; for all you know, i'm in total agreement with you....i just don't care to let loose a bunch of psycho babble to try to get everyones attention about it.

12. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

This whole thread is absurd.

Assume that he is an informant. What can he do to harm us? I don't mean some generelized "provature" harm. Specificaly what could he do to damage either the cause or anyone on this forum?

Could he talk someone into thinking Bush is a good guy? (I don't think that someone changing their mind constitues harm.)

Could he talk you into building a devise that would get you in jail?

Anyone who would tell secrets (like where the ingredients for the above mentioned devise are stored) on the internet will be caught by other methods.

The internet and this forum is information exchange. So what if the government knows what is said here??

(By the way, I hope that the secret informants that my taxes are paying for are better at their job than to be "outed" in this forum.)

OHHH, Government Informants. Be scared! Be very scared!

13. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

what lucy? what the hell are you talking about?! you completely took that the wrong way. when I said "what do you think lucy, and others with half a brain", that was an expression, meaning that anyone with *at least* a half a brain please reply because I wanted some feedback from intelligent people (such as yourself) because I was getting sick of the "no-brainers" like whispers. I'm sorry you misunderstood, it's hard to tell sarcasm sometimes online. I hope I cleared that up for you.

MikeE, I hope you're right...I really do.

14. soolee

soolee Member

what irks me about the 'war on terror' is the way dubbya took the energy driving ppl after nine eleven, and over time ran with the idea of this war on bin laden, and changed it to a war on iraq, then 'operation enduring freedom' wtf. I wont go on any more, for i could go on for hours. that's my two cents though.

15. soolee

soolee Member

hey what govt needs informants when they have the eschelon network already combing through all the useless boring chatter on the web/phones/fax/etc.....
    You think Google is a big search engine heh. freakin big brother, it's like women, can't live with them and yet.... they're everywhere. LOL

16. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

This definitely bears repeating. Good post & great points, MikeE.

~dodgie

17. RevoMystic

RevoMystic Member

artful dodger, even though that statement is probably true...do you really think it bears repeating? lol I think it's a rather insignificant point actually. Insignificant because it has nothing to do with eavesdropping provocateurs working to monitor us when there might be religious fundamentalists out there plotting to destroy america.
    I think you guys should start seeing things a bit more clearly. Even though, MikeE, I said I hope you're right...there's a mountain of proof that you're not. You're not looking hard enough, yet you're still talking about of your butt, and so is artful dodger (no offense). You guys need to wake up to the reality of today's world.

18. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

It was hard to tell if this thread was serious, I'm assuming it is...
    I think you are giving "whispers" too much credit. Informant?, I really don't think so.

19. artful_dodger

artful_dodger Member

Revo-

I disagree. It's a very important point, and here is why: it puts to emphasis on what we personally can control.

I have no doubt that communications in this and countless other forums are being monitored and recorded. And that is why people need to be cautious about what they say in open forums. Why make it easy for any case to ever be made against you?

I see so many people talking about stupid shit online... violent resistance, for instance. Talk like that could legally be considered sedition. Fat lot of good these wannabe revolutionaries are going to do if they get themselves locked up in Gitmo, eh?

These are the people who need to wake up to the reality of today's world.

Taking caution and responsibility in what you say and do is something that each individual can do right now about the current situation, with immediate positive effects.

Now, I'm not saying that people should not excerise their Constitutionally protected rights of assembly and free speech. Hang around with me for awhile, and you'll see that I do so on a daily basis... hell, probably hourly. We protect those rights by exercising them.

About the Patriot Act... we can lobby our congressmen, we can work to have resolutions passed against it in our cities counties and states... but, it is largely outside of our ability to effect immediate change. Similarly, if provocateurs are being sent into forums (and, for the record, I don't think whispers is one) we can't really change that. But, we can adjust for that reality.

I'm not a fan of wasting my energy railing against things that I cannot change. I'd rather focus on the positive contributions I can make.

I'm also not a big fan of net-geek chest beating, where we all start pulling out our credentials trying to prove who is more right, but...

I'm a journalist, activist, and current events junkie. I first got involved in the anti-war movement during the first Gulf War. Privacy and civil liberty issues first caught my attention during the Clinton administration's systematic erosion of Constitutional protections. I know quite well what's going on.

I'd consider whining about the situation on internet message boards to be the head-up-ass position.

Do something.

Attend town meetings to encourage resolutions against government incursions into privacy and liberty. Learn about encryption to protect your privacy, then teach other people how to do it. Learn about alternatives to the wage-slave, consumeristic model that keeps so many Americans in bondage, and spread that knowledge.

This has gone way off your original topic, and I apologize for that, but I felt that these points were important.

20. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

i dont know if there are informants who monitor online forums. (i wouldnt doubt it though)

but i do know there are programs that will alert gov. official for certin words typed in internet search engines, ((ex. if you'v ever been to the anarchist cookbook site(if its even still around, i remember it used to get shut down like everyday)) your ip address is on a list in the feds possesion.)
    same goes for phones....if you dont believe me, call a buddy and repeatedly use the word bomb and talk of blowing up a fed building. (i dont recommend this at all) and before too long you will be contacted by the feds.

certin words used on teh phone trigger a tape recorder, that is then analysed for content.

in this country these days, we really have to be careful of what we speak of. those in power dont want to loose their power.