info bout acid

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by marley420, Mar 14, 2008.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

as i stated the only difference between now and then is that the doses are being laid weaker..
    i assure you its the same lsd as what timothy Leary and ram daass experimented with.

is the culture different? yeah i guess.. parts of it anyway. but that does not mean that somehow LSD no longer exists..

i assure yah i know folks who could drop somethin on your tounge that would cause ya to retract all your statements.. ;)

2. hippiehillbilly

how can he "put it to rest" when i know people that make it to this day??

so what skip says must be true?? pffft..

god how can one so old be so naive??

beyond that how was skip "making it then" the "then" presumably being around the time of sandose and owsley,when skip is younger than you are???

youre making NO sense now..

3. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

I respectfully decline the offer HHB :)... my LSD days are over.. if I haven't learned from the LSD previously ingested back in the day, then I am destin to be iggnorant and iggnorance is bliss :)

I'l take your word for it.

Bright Blessings
    sh

4. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I took a shit load of acid back in the late 60's and early W's. But the last trip I took, Richard M. Nixon was still in white house.
    For me acid was like going to a rerun movie over and over, a bad movie at that.
    The problem was I was going through a breakup with my first wife and my head was in a very bad place.
    Did mushrooms several time after that and it was a more pleasant experience.
    Cant say I know anyone who has taken acid within the last 20 years, so know nothing about the quality of the product out there.....Alaskan

5. oink

oink Member

Ease off there bro. You put your own incorrect reading on my earlier post: "I will never know who I might have been, had I not taken lots of acid in my youth."

If I need to lay it out for you: I consider taking acid a potentially consciousness changing experience. It was for me. I wasn't making a value judgement about taking it. I don't blame my experiences with acid for anything in my life. I did make my own choices. Would I have made different ones had I not experienced acid? I will never know. It did change me. Would my life have been radically different? Again, I will never know. Was taking it a good choice for me as opposed to not? I will never know. I don't blame the experiences for anything. I'm responsible for all of my decisions, before after and including. I'm not unhappy with my life. I do think someone should realize, before taking it, that their outlook on this life, how they view it, and decisions they make might be different than it would be without that experience. This is true to a degree of everything we experience, but I think it applies more strongly here than in many areas. I'm not saying good or bad or inbetween. I'm saying you should consider the decision to take it more than a frivolous decision, because you will change as a result.

That said, I'm not sure that my statements apply to the lighter doses you say are common today. The majority of mine were of the very intense type where you are fairly stationary as you are way too far gone to navigate. Some of the most intense ones were ones where during the peak I was totally inside (but outside or somewhere or not there). Where's that damned flashback they promised? I probably took too much at times. I do currently have too many stress issues in my live to take it. Might I ever take it again? I don't know. From my current viewpoint, I would never recomend that someone take it. I'm not saying I would recomend against it either. It's a choice someone will have to make without advice from me.

6. hippiehillbilly

well ya gotta admit i didnt have much to go on an there was basically only two ways for that pendulum to swing.. ;)

an yeah i get where your comin from but a lotta kids may not have from the original sentence you typed...

7. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

LSD does exactly what you want it to.

8. NeuroDr

NeuroDr Member

i know i am in no way an "old hippie" lol, but i AM what i think as a very educated and knowledgeable person on the science and background of psychedelics and there is DEFINITELY pure lsd-25 still being made and distributed all over the place. it is very easy to tell if you've taken real lsd for anyone with even minimal knowledge on the subject.

its still there, and its still amazing, granted im sure dosages are lower, tho ive found ppl with some strong doses, but i cant compare with them "back in the day" as i wasnt there...lol

lsd does NOT cause ANY PHYSICAL DAMAGE/HARM TO YOU OR YOUR BRAIN! its one of, if not the safest drugs you can take considering physical tolls taken on the body/brain. kno ur source, do it right....its amazing

9. NeuroDr

NeuroDr Member

also, i hear a lot of recreational trippers and drug users talk about different types of acid and i just want to clarify for anyone that didn't kno, there is only ONE lsd-25...thats it...doesnt matter what blotter its on, liquid, crystal, or anything like that...if its lsd, its lsd...end of story

good luck w/ whatever u decide to do!

10. shameless_heifer

HHB.. not Skip.. Oz... ask Owsley himself.. What I said was have Skip to ask Oswely (BEAR) if there is a difference in the LSD he (owsley)use to make and the LSD they make now.. as Skip is in contact with him.. and I make perfect sence to them who can read :)

11. NeuroDr

NeuroDr Member

shameless...how can there be a difference b/t the lsd they made then vs. now? lsd is lsd...thats it! there is only one LSD!

12. rabbitholes

rabbitholes Member

The thing about acid is

Even if you go into it with a good mind

you can still trip poorly, because you may not know how much your dose is

and if you been unhappy or not comfortable lately, it can affect your trip.

13. shameless_heifer

well dear,
    LSD-25.. wonder why they call it 25 instead of 1

peace
    sh

14. silverhippy

silverhippy Comfortably Numb

Try Mescaline it is alot more mellow.

Peace

15. NeuroDr

NeuroDr Member

they call it 25 instead of 1 because it was the 25th extraction. there is only one lysergic acid diethylamide. besides isomers how can there be a different chemical with the same name? lol have u taken chemistry?

16. Capt Crunch

Capt Crunch Member

Good Luck finding anything that even resembles acid this day and age. My first trip was in 69. Quit for awhile in 77. Tried it again in the 90's. cccccrap. It was mostly strictnine then. Getting high on rat poison! I'm damn near 61 and would use the real acid , mesc, or mushrooms.

17. hippiehillbilly

oh come on old man.. when was the last time you actually did LSD? much less looked for it?

jesus fucking christ i do wish you old farts would quit spreading misinformation!

once again ergot based crystal grown LSD is alive and well in america no matter what the old farts say...

18. Capt Crunch

Capt Crunch Member

Wow chill out man.

Are you on the old fart forum just to flame? Nice vibe.

hmm, you are 43? and you want to tell me you've done good acid? lol. well since that's all you have, i guess you wouldn't know real acid anyway. Rat poison.

2005 was the last time I did the crap that you call acid. I used to make it out morning glory seeds before you were even born. and your ergot based "acid" is still crap full of poison. Maybe you need valium instead?

have you actually had this "natural" ergot base acid analyzed in the lab? It probably does give you a lil baby trip that lasts for a few hours, not 2 days.

Cheers bro.

19. hippiehillbilly

with all due respect..

YOUR FULLA SHIT!!!

once again,, i do wish you old farts would quit spreading misinformation..
    however something tells me that isnt likely..

20. hippiehillbilly