Indoor Plant Idea's

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by dreadlockswampy, Apr 4, 2007.

1. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

Okay, I'm just starting to make my house look nice, I need some suggestions for
    some indoor house plants for on the Window sills,

The back window has about 5 mabe 6 Hrs direct sunlight (10:00 - 15:00/16:00 , where as the front is sunny but not direct for about the same, bearing in mind I have a cat who likes to sit on the sills & may eat the leaves (not that I'd let her by choice) so needs to be animal friendly & low maintanance (just a newbie) I have just bought an aloe plant so anything that will look nice with that realy

Cheers, Peace xxx

2. 420MAN

420MAN Member

plant some oats for your cat it will love you for it ,and it will stay away from your other plants

3. Sea Breeze

Sea Breeze Member

Ginger in a pot is lovely and when the root gets big enough you can use it. Get a reasonable sized piece of ginger root and leave it in a light place and eventually it will start to sprout. Once the green tip looks like a bulb, remove it carefully (I cut mine with a bit of the root attached) and pop it in a pot of compost.