India's first Covid-19 vaccine candidate gets approval for human trials

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Ajay0, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Bharat Biotech’s Covid vaccine 1st in India to get approval for human trials

India's top drug regulator, Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation, has granted approval to Bharat Biotech India to conduct human clinical trials for ‘Covaxin’, making it the first Covid-19 vaccine candidate in India to receive this approval, the firm said on Monday. These trials are scheduled to start across India in July.

The permission was granted after the company submitted results from pre-clinical studies of the vaccine that demonstrated its safety and immune response, said Bharat Biotech in its release. The vaccine was developed in collaboration with the National Institute of Virology.

Hopefully a successful outcome in this regard would be a shot in the arm for the worldwide campaign against the coronavirus and inspire other efforts.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

India now has two coronavirus vaccines set for human trials: All you need to know

After Bharat Biotech, which developed a potential novel coronavirus vaccine called Covaxin, Ahmedabad-based Zydus Cadila has been given the green light to begin Phase I and II human trials of another coronavirus vaccine candidate. This is the second coronavirus vaccine to get approval for human trials in India.

The potential vaccine showed a "strong immune response" in animal studies, and the antibodies produced were able to completely neutralise the wild type virus, Zydus said in a statement.

Zydus will begin human trials this month in over 1,000 subjects in multiple sites in India, the company said. Phase I and II trials will take around three months to complete.

Pune-based Serum Institute of India, the world's largest vaccine maker by number of doses produced and sold globally, has also partnered to mass produce a vaccine being developed by the University of Oxford and backed by the UK government.

India is among the largest manufacturer of generic drugs and vaccines in the world.It is home to half a dozen major vaccine makers and a host of smaller ones, making doses against polio, meningitis, pneumonia, rotavirus, BCG, measles, mumps and rubella, among other diseases.

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I wonder why the Russians haven't attempted to 'hack' these Indian virus institutes ???

4. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

India and Russia have a friendly relationship and they don't need to painstakingly hack our virus institutes to get data. They just need to ask .

Also the russians have created their own Covid-19 vaccine, tested and safe,and are planning to launch it by the middle of august, as per their reports.

Russia university completes clinical trials of Covid-19 vaccine

Russian scientists hope to launch the vaccine as soon as next month | The Times of India

5. Vladimir Illich

Yes matey, I wasn't criticising either India or Russia, I was attempting to get the 'right' dinosaurs to defend their assertion that Russia has 'hacked' the uk research institutes.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lolz, a russian covid vaccine

Yeah, no thanks, Ill wait for like any other countries vaccine

7. Vladimir Illich

Proves my point - stupid is as stupid does !!!

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, I tell you what, when the Russian one becomes available, you can be the first HFer to try it, tell the rest of us how it goes

If you suddenly stop posting, ill assume it didnt go well

9. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2020
  10. Vladimir Illich

Not my choice, its all down to the NHS - whichever one they have available. If the Russian Vaccine proves successful, I won't have any qualms using it.

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So you are admitting Russia is not a country to be trusted?

Does this change your political leanings? It should.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What are you on about now? No, I have never been pro quasi communist Russia

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You have said they are good economic partner for the west and that any evidence of them tampering with western elections is a conspiracy. Putin is your homie.

14. NodalAxis

NodalAxis Members

What makes this all so laughable if it wasn’t so tragic is that the Coronavirus has not even been a scientifically identified as the cause of all these death of interstitial pulmonary fungical infections