Incubus?

Discussion in 'Music' started by ElChivato, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

Incubus. does anyone like them? my neighbor calah loves them and so does my sister, lindsay. Linz really got me into em. now i'm addicted.

2. heartsnotfarts

heartsnotfarts Member

i like incubus, i have there 4 most recent albums. you can find some good stuff on them. s.c.i.e.n.c.e. has more hard rock songs, make yourself has a nice mix of harder songs like pardon me, but softer acoustic songs like drive. there was a big transition in morning view, the songs were more mellow, and nice tp listen to. wish you were here (not like the song by pink floyd) is a good song to chill to, are you in, another nice song, is for the most part instrumental, and aqueous transmission is a 8-minute song that is very unique but nice to listen to. there newest album, the crow left to the murder, had some good songs, nice to chill to when lying down. in general, incubus is a pretty nice band.

3. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I love them but I don't like the most recent album

4. Disconformitized

Disconformitized Member

Read some of their lyrics and I bet you'll like them a whole lot more. Just when I thought I figured out by just listening to what he was saying, I went and read some of the lyrics and flipped my lid. It's pretty amazing how creative his diction is, or is it dictation? Uh i dunno but the way he breaks up sylalbels is pretty nifty.

I'm not a huge fan of make yourself or morning view, although both albums have more good songs besides the one or two you've heard on the radio. science is kinda ground breaking IMO... its like funkish trippy one sec and then thrashy protest then next

5. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Yes. I am a big fan..They sound amazing...and yes, the lyrics are beautiful..a few songs i needed the dictonary to decode the real meaning ! ! :) Brandon Boyd is an amazing artist, song writer, and vocalist..the other members of the band are talented as well...Mike is a master...Jose kicks ass..DJ kilmore is so funky...and come on lets hear it for ben kenny...i hear he has his own album or something out now ????????
    anyhow incubus makes beautiful and meaningful music..and they ROCK OUT LIVE!!

6. peace_is_possible

peace_is_possible Member

I like incubus, but I agree their old stuff is better.

7. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

agreed...the old stuff I do like better...but that is not to say the more melodic NEWER stuff isn't good...I dig it also..it is just different..but just as meaningful...it just rages in a different way...

8. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i love incubus too! i like morning view - mexico is a cool song...hmm incubus rox!

9. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

i loooove incubus. one of my favourite bands, for sure. science and fungus amongus are my fav albums, but they're all great and just amazing in their own way.

10. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yup, i'm jumping on this bandwagon - I really love incubus, all their stuff.

But, i like their more melodious, gentle songs more - the songs like Miss You or Here in My Room.

That said, all their songs are great - and they are just fantastic live.

11. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

I know fleassy is a big fan of em.. I like that one song its like 10 min long it goes "further down the river" mellow tune.. I luv it!!

peace
    chickens

12. roly

roly Senior Member

i love em very muchly. favourite album is morning view. favourite song is either wish u were here (that ol'classic) or 11am.

Roly.xxx

13. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

Their song "goodbye, nice 2 know u" os on the radio. I love this song! Did u read my thread about them performing w/the Police?

14. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

I think they're amazing. I love their album 'Science', my favourite songs are 'Glass' and 'Nebula'.

15. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

hmm, i dnt like em very much.,..i can tolerate em but im no way a fan

16. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

aqueous transmission :p

17. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

that would be aqueous transmission....it is soooooo mellow and is so beautiful! I love it too.

I love Incubus and i went to see them in Glasgow when they came in may.....they were awesome!!!! I love Brandon to bits - not least coz he is gorgeous! lol. He is seriously intelligent and such a cool artist!!
    I have Morning view, make yourself and a crow left of the murder - and they are all amazing albums and i love them to bits.
    Mike is such a great guitarist too - hes such a cool dude!

peace and love
    xxxxxxxxx

18. Rhythmdevil

Rhythmdevil Member

yeah, I saw them during the Make Yourself and Morning View tour and those both were fabulous shows. They are pretty amazing live, but when I saw them at Lollapalooza it wasn't really that amazing. I mean, yes I'd seen them live twice before and it WAS Lollapalooza, they didn't get a great chance to put on a kickass show, but even their new stuff live wasn't really that hot. I like the new album, but it's not as good as the earlier ones.

19. The_taste_of_rust

The_taste_of_rust Member

Incubus are great. My dad got me into them he got fungus amougus for my birthday acouple of years ago I was completely blown away.

20. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I've never been able to get into their music.....I don't really like any of their songs. But I do think Brandon Boyd is just a beautiful beautiful man! So I do tend to watch their videos if I see one come on:p