Incredible!!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by WorldPeace, Mar 19, 2008.

1. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

i feel yah i love dreadlocks but those are just to orderly im not sayin they should be all nasty but they shouldnt be so evenly sized and spaced. What im tryin to say is the dreads should be slightly uneven so every dread has its own personality to complement the whole.

2. LiquidSoul

LiquidSoul Member

I agree. I don't like the look of maintained dreads. The whole concept of dreads is about learning to let go and let your hair grow as it wants. I don't understand why people try to take all these shortcuts and try to control what their dreads look like, cuz in the end they don't look all that good....IMO

3. Sammeh420

Sammeh420 Member

I think some of you guys dont understand that its the journey SHE chose, so why are you discriminating on her about how "perfect" they look when its obviously what she wanted. Not everybody has to do dreads the way You want them. Freedom of choice. kthanks.

4. LiquidSoul

LiquidSoul Member

That's fine if she chose to get dreads like that, it's her loss. You're missing the point Sam, it's not about how your dreads look in the end, it's the journey that matters. There are many reasons for growing dreadlocks, and looks should be at the very bottom of the list. Dreadlocks are not about vanity, it is about defying vanity.

5. Orange Sunrise

Orange Sunrise Member

dreadlocks r about whatever they mean to you, everyone is different.... whats with the snobs on here

6. LiquidSoul

LiquidSoul Member

didn't your momma teach you that it's not nice to call people names?

7. puppy5990

puppy5990 Member

snobs is a bit exaggerated, but I feel like you guys are pushing the all natural gospel a bit hard. I personally think it's the best and only way to grow "real" dreads, and it's a spiritual journey. but that's only for me. you can't determine what's best for someone else, especially when you don't know them, and I think it's absurd to make such a drama about a stranger's hair. no offense. that's just my take on things. but there's no reason to get your blood pressure up, just because someone disagrees with you on the best or most enjoyable way to tangle their hair.

peace

8. Kwanzabot

Kwanzabot Member

If it's all about journeys then what's wrong with the journey she made? She's obviously spent ages doing stuff with them and has gone from a head of 'normal' hair to dreadlocks, learnt an incredible amount about her own head/hair/style etc and probably really digs the way she looks. She may have ended up at a different point B, and perhaps took a different route but she still went a journey. Why does getting dreadlocks have to be about the same thing for everyone, everyone is different, just like every dread.

9. phil316k

phil316k Banned

mine were done like this and now after 6 months im getting lumps and bumps forming on some of the dreads, and some loose hair around the roots, so they are kind of taking on a natural look, this is without a doubt the crocheting method, mine were done by a polish lady in london. I got mine done like this because at first i tried backcombing and they failed miserably, looking like a big mess, and yes with wax, luckily i got the wax out, at this point i was in despair as i had crap looking half assed dreads so found this lady who in my opinion renewed my faith in my dreads and gave them a new lease of life, then after i got them done is discovered this forum, a brilliant resource, and after reading i think i would have gone the natural journey route had i been aware.... but i am rambling now...to conclude i thnk it doesnt matter how you get dreads, its all about being happy, lets all not fall out over method, lets just all enjoy the journey as a whole, natural, backcombed, croched (however you spell it), dread perm, platted etc etc

10. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

sweet Soulfly tat their my favorite band tied with Acid Bath, Nirvana and Otep.

11. phil316k

phil316k Banned

Cheers dude :), i love soulfly, sepultura, cavalera conspiracy, nailbomb, max cavalera is awesome. I like nirvana too, I need to get into more otep, they have a female lead singer dont they? never heard of acid bath

12. knattyk420

knattyk420 Member

I think they look good but I agree its the journey man, and I like individuality in dreads just me

13. knattyk420

knattyk420 Member

cant we all just get along its seems theirs alot of bashing lately just me