Incredible Edibles

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Mattekat, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I recently was visited by family from California and a bag of "medicinal candy" was brought.

I discovered that what they call a "dose" of 20 to 25 mg did literally NOTHING.

When I ate 50 mg, I would eventually feel a little tired. I ate 60 mg and felt a teeny little bit more than tired...by that I mean I felt a wee bit high. WEE being the operative word there.

I like my firecrackers MUCH MUCH better!!!

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I experienced something similar and found out that what they were saying was 25 mg per gummy candy was actually 25 mg per all five gummy candies from the baggy. I was warned by my prescribing doctor to stay away from home made candies that don't have a website or background information somewhere. I should have listened, but the gummies I refer to were only $5; and I would have had to pay that $5 anyway because of delivery minimums. Ugh.

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

They brought chocolate, suckers, a few gummies and hard candy. Also a little tin of thc chocolate covered blueberries. All of this was obtained from a dispensary out there. I wish it was just a case of not eating enough, or misunderstanding something. I'm fairly certain I didn't misunderstand since there were actually warnings (lol) on all of it.

"KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND PETS"

On the chocolate bars it sort of went into detail about what a "dose" was (a little section like a Hershey bar has sections) and to "wait for at least 2 hours before eating more", etc.

The chocolate was super tasty but that was the high point of it. :D

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Hmm, what brand were the chocolate bars?
    I like Bhang bars triple strength, 180mgs total and usually eat half of one at a time, so 90mgs and enjoy a nice, slightly psychedelic buzz.
    [​IMG]
    Hubby bars are good as well, but are only 130mgs. There are also big differences in effect due to the amount of other cannabinoids in the edible. I like Bhang bars because they list THC, CBD and CBN percentages.
    Bear in mind that they have to give dosage info assuming the inexperienced user or they could end up in court. We are talking about medically recommended products after all.
    Best thing is though after eating the candy, I can take one bong hit and be good for hours.

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I'm glad you asked! lol I have saved the bag with the little box wrappers! :D

These bars were 210 mg total. The brand is LiquidGold. There was a Chunky Peanut Butter bar and a Chocolate n' Bacon one. Also there were several little bars at 45 mg. These were the brand Kiva (as best I can tell).

As much as I LOVE weed, I found I did not like the suckers (but I most certainly did finish once I put one in my mouth), nor did I care for the "candy".

The amount you describe eating is probably what would have done something for me. Without going deeply into it, the person that brought this out here also would eat it "with me" and he has the tolerance of a little delicate flower. When I would eat the 50 to 65 milligrams (in front of him) I would have to listen to so much judgmental crap it was unreal...even though he would clearly see that I wasn't feeling nor acting "high".

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

haven't tried the Liquid Gold ones, but have seen them often. I have had the Kiva bars before and they are ok.

My favorite for a nice upbeat high is half of a Bhang Ice bar. They have the lowest % of CBD/CBN of all their flavors and the caffeine from the high cocoa content gives a nice energy to it.
    their Fire bar has the highest CBD/CBN % and if I eat half a bar, I'm a coach-locked zombie

Some of the hard candies are not very good tasting, but the few I've had gave the expected buzz, 40mgs is the dosage of the ones my dispensary gives away for freebies.

it also depends on a persons expectations and desired effects. Personally i don't like being zombiefied, so I tend towards sativas and low CBD strains/products and someone who likes being "stoned" wouldn't like what I like as much.

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

There is nothing on these bars that gives the info you are talking about, Nox.

What drove me crazy about the "high" I felt from those was I'd feel tired but when it was time to go to sleep, I had much difficulty.

What I love so much about my firecrackers is how they get me going...

vroom vroom :punk:

and then at the same time there is a laid backness to it :beatnik:

When I get up and have a firecracker side breakfast, I'm dang good to go. Speaking of which...I'm finally feeling mine and I'm fixing to do some housework!

I do have enough sense to realize it has to have a lot to do with the strain. It has to!!!

So I'm really glad the strain I get locally is what I'm getting. :D