Incompetent and inhumane DWP

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Vladimir Illich, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The barstewards in the DWP, removed a disability benefit from a claimant, who then appealled against such determination. However, when the news of the decision reached the press, wonder of wonders, the DWP reversed their decision.

Question, was the new (revised) decion the correct one, or was it fear of the bad publicity (yet again) that forced the DWP to reverse its decision ???

Woman in wheelchair stripped of disability benefits because she can walk four steps

2. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Technical injustice with heartless regard to the vulnerable - that's the way it is these days it seems :)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

And will continue to be until we (a) Get a decent Government with competent Ministers, (b) Change the ethos and procedures of the Department in the first instance, (c) change the legislation which governs the administration of Benefits in the longer term.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

I feel for you matey. Back in the 1970s I was a founder member of an Advice and Law Centre and helped many hundreds of claimants establish claims and provided representation at office interviews and Appeal Tribunal hearings. When the Law Centre closed in 1995. I took the case load I was then currently working on back from the Law Centre and worked on them unsupported and unfunded. I continued to work from home until two years ago when ill-health has finally forced me to retire.

Asmodean and mysticblu21 like this.