Incident!

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-rect!
    May you stroll barefoot on clouds, soft grasses, and warm smooth pavement!

2. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

What do you require in this instance? A photo of a lot of heavy glass bottles? Some places represent a greater risk than others. Compromise isn't a sign of defeat, it's vital to a functioning world, otherwise you get stand-offs everywhere (in politics it's known as diplomatic negotiation; it helps to stop wars from happening!). If the shop assistant has as much 'belief' in her viewpoint as nus has in his, we end up with two dogs having a tug-of-war over a stick. To his credit, nus acknowledges the importance of compromise in certain circumstances.

3. WOOF! You silly ass! The decision to compromise would be mine, not yours.

4. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

I wasn't suggesting for one moment that I should make decisions for you (how on earth would that work?!). I was just tipping the hat in your direction for this outburst of sensibleness earlier:
    Oh well. You try; you do what you can! (to quote Bill Hicks).

5. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

PA is pretty "shoe natzi" but i was there back in 2005 and got away with it suprisingly in Pittsburgh and Scranton

6. The dude is 102% correct! Pennsylvania puts the REGRESS into regression!

7. solemum

solemum Member

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Compromise is about two willing parties making concessions based on honesty and relevant information. The shop assistant compromised on nothing, instead based her judgement call on fear, ignorance (probably on the part of the shop owner) about the threat of legal liability. Barefoot customers, in this type of standoff, must fight back otherwise ignorance wins and nothing changes!
    Thankfully I will never have these sorts of standoffs down here in New Zealand, ugly violence may be the result! (just kidding, hehe!)

8. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Before I show you something in writing tell what language you can read and prove it! lol

9. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

Shop owners who claim "liability risk" for barefoot patrons are just plain ignorant, pure and simple. Check how many lawsuits have been filed over the years for injuries from patrons wearing high-heel shoes or flip flops (thousands), versus how many that were barefoot (almost non-existent). Plus the barefoot customer is entering at their own risk and by their own choice, and therefore a store could not be held liable for injuries. If the person tried to sue (no self-respecting barefooter would, but if they did) the person would pretty much have zero case.

10. Eye kin reed Inglish dammit

11. WHAT HE SAID and as I said elsewhere......

12. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Well before I answer, try writing something that comprises a complete sentence (composed grammatically), that conveys what you're attempting to convey. Then we will have a clue as to what language you wish to use.