Inauguration on a positive note.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gardener, Jan 21, 2009.

1. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

No one arrested. The largest crowd ever. Some booing when Bush came to the podium. Emanual made some faces and had some fun. The Chief Justice couldn't deliver a 35 word oath without botching it, but Obama took it in stride and good humor. Ted Kennedy did have a seizure at the reception, but appears to be doing ok today. Great parade, particulary enjoyed the Lawn Rangers (I have a personal affinity for lawnmowers.). Fun to watch the Neighborhood Ball. In all I would say it was a new day for this nation.

And I find out this morning Obama is stalling the GITMO trials. Came down hard on the Bush administration during Katrina on the White House website. Very good start for a new administration.

2. Jack-a-Roe72

Jack-a-Roe72 Member

Obama had to re-take the oath, as he fucked it up the first time around..

3. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Actually the cheif justice made the mistake. I thought it was Obama too at first. I thought the inauguration went great. I hope Obama can bring real change. I'm excited.

4. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can see how someone could mistakenly think that Obama goofed on the oath, but if you watch it again and pay attention, the CJ's mistake is glaringly obvious.

Damn Republicans can't even find someone competent enough to read a few simple words from a sheet of paper...

5. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Sounded like Roberts goofed twice. The first was putting 'faithfully' in the wrong place. It sounded like he also said 'President to the United States' instead of 'President of the United States'.

There was a video clip after the inauguration showing Roberts meeting briefly with Obama. Roberts looked like he said 'that was my fault.'

[​IMG]